Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

2x6 swap - Alpine Lake Swap

Swap 
4K views 36 replies 6 participants last post by  Flyn'dutchman 
#1 ·
First six tiers. We each tie a dozen. Each person gets 2 of each pattern.

This is for the alpine lake fisherman!

Wet, Dry or Nymph.

-Ken

#9 ·
So far I have the following:

cmtundra
Icanfly
Wildlander (me)
mr Trout
Fly'ndutchman

Room for one more but will take a backup or two if one of the above opt out.

I will be tying a yellow caddis pupa emerger #16. They were found up on Wildcat Lakes (beyond Snow and Gem Lakes) in July and have seen them elsewhere. The trout were loaded with them too. Not very common, I always keep a few in the box for such times.

-Ken

#11 ·
I love stripping (flies...usually) in the high lakes. I will tie a bugger variant of mine, and probably some sort of "get-your-attention" nymph...or maybe just a brown one that really works well in a lot of spots...we'll see.

#12 ·
I hope we can get one more...I got bored and got all mine tied up...
If not, I guess I don't have to worry about tying replacements for a while!

Come on somebody... Cowboy up and git tyin'! :thumb:

- Trevor

#14 ·
Let's go for it. This is my first time doing the swap, so I assume flies and addresses come to me and then go out to the recipients. Let me know if it works differently. In any event, please send privately to ken@wildlanders.com.

Will plan to have the flies sent out by the end of the month.

If others want to join, give me a hollar. I have not heard back from at least one person so there may still be a slot.

-Ken

#19 ·
Just an update, these are the folks in the swap.

FlylikeIdo
cmtundra
Icanfly
Wildlander (me)
mr Trout
Fly'ndutchman

Distribution date is June 15th or prior to that when all the flies are in. Please send a self-stamped return envelop large enough to return in the same container that you sent your flies in.

Thanks.

-Ken

#25 ·
Just to let folks know. I have a medical emergency. I am going to Yakima today but do not know what will happen. I wish this was a joke but it is not. I will still try to get the flies shipped by the 20th... but I have not tied mine yet and may return two of your flies instead.

-Ken

#26 ·
I've been sitting on 9 flies forever. I'll definitely finish the last 3 today and ship. They should arrive on Wed, if not Thur for sure.

Wildlander -Sorry to hear about the medical emergency. Hope all turns out
well.

Icanfly -Yeah, he emailed it. If you still need the address let me know & I can forward it to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.