30 lb steelhead on the hoh

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by TomB, Feb 21, 2009.

1. coyote spirit

coyote spirit New Member

i am ashamed of all of you who condem that man. have you all forgot what we are? we are fishermen. we fish for food like the thousands of people before us in this country. how can you speak so bad about this guy who executed the true meaning of fishing. you are the ones who should be verbaly bashed

2. FLGator

FLGator Member

Uh...coyote spirit, yes it was legal, but there are better fish for the skillet.

Guys, certainly hope your time, energy and financial resources are going towards conservation organizations and GETTING THE LAWS CHANGED!

3. CLO

CLO Future WFF Mod

YO, Coyote. The only thing executed here was an amazing large steelhead that was producing offspring and keeping the Hoh a genetically strong river. He executed the true meaning of fishing when he killed that fish, taking the opportunity away from the rest of us to catch large native fish down the line. You're a fool.

4. coyote spirit

coyote spirit New Member

5. Jason Decker

Jason Decker Active Member

Home Page:
    good points Mumbles!

6. SpeySpaz

SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Mumbles, bringing the forensic HEAT:thumb:

You know, judging the act of fishing is sort of meaningless, because it is an archetypal act, but the context....ahhhh....the context is everything here.

If the Hoh's return were 40,000 all wild fish, with strong management informed by strong science permitting it, I'd be cheering for English Pete. But that's not the case is it?

I think this is a superlong thread because it arouses so many emotions, deep shit like anticipatory grief over a mighty race of steelhead going extinct in our lifetime.

7. William Wallace

William Wallace Active Member

Just having a little fun...

So a known hatchery fish comes up the river and spawns naturally. The smolt swims out to sea and comes back with all fins....Who would call it a "native" ? Now if you did not know the smolt came from a hatchery fish and it came back with all fins..who would call it a native?

Now a wild fish comes up the river and and is stripped of the eggs, raised in a pen and released, but oops, the fins did not get clipped...what is it? Hatchery or Native.

I know my opinion on this situation and that is the only one who I worry about. I think this is a serious but funny thread. I have actually learned a lot about how people think and take their fishing serious.

Thanx everyone