Small Streams, Big Cutts?

Hey all,
Rumor has it that October is THE month to find sea-run cutts in tribs and small lowland creeks. I've also heard that the best time is after a rain. Any experts out there who can confirm/deny this info and provide further illumination? Advice regarding flies, tackle and destinations would be really appreciated.

Straight lines!

Some of the best stream fishing I've had for SRC has been in October and November after heavy rains when the rivers are high and muddy. I especially like the small Hood Canal streams in these conditions. Use large black flies that are more visible in the cloudy water. A #4 black Wolley Worm with a red or orange yarn tail works good.

G

directly at the heels of the chums is when they flood the streams after a easy meal and not bullied by all the spawning fish

G

oh yeah october is the best time you will catch them at your favorite beach or whatever. i have seen a lot of big cutthroat all bunched together lately where i usally dont see one but just catch them incidental fishing for silvers. right now is when they arte real agresive and all on the shoreline waiting to go up stream