32 seconds

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Salmo_g, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Todd Ripley

Todd Ripley New Member

Steve, I'm thinking it's because everything you read or write on the internet has to go through three different computers at Homeland Security before it gets in or out...I have the same problem, too.

Try adding something nice about Republicans at the end of each post, and it should skip through the Homeland Security filters and go straight onto the site.

:)

I'll be out of town for a couple of weeks, and then hope to head out to Forks ASAP upon my return...if you show up before Sat. the 24th, I could easily be talked into a half day of two-handed casting with you...if you'd be willing to give a brother a lesson, that is!

Either way, see ya out there.

Fish on...

Todd

2. Stew McLeod

Stew McLeod aka BigMac

Maybe if everybody on this site bought a hat or two that would help Chris with $$ to make the site more resilient. Just a thought.

3. Citori

Citori Piscatorial Engineer

My experience is similar. Only occaisionally do I get a lag. I use Comcast cable and Mozilla as my browser. Often when I encounter "waiting for washingtonflyfishing", if I click the reload at the top, it will cycle right away, but not always.

I bought 2 hats, do I need to buy more...?

4. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

I'm hitting the forum and general setup pretty hard to ease up on the proc. So far the easy stuff is working but we'll see. (implimented at 2:30PM 3/23) The next and likely bigger hit item will be, after upgrading the forum software, migrating the datastore items currently kept in the database to memory cache. I'm hoping that to be my huckleberry.

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I don't even worry about the lag anymore. I have dial-up and I think it is going backwards it is so slow. I just play a game until what ever I'm aiming for shows up. I can't play videos and some pictures take up to five minutes to load. It's wonderful loving in a third world country.

I could go on and on but why bore you all. I just live with it.

Jim

6. salty spey

salty spey New Member

I believe the problem can be traced to the same source as the problem many or most of our fisheries face, an over-abundance of bipods. oh that there would be an easy answer.

7. Tim Garton

Tim Garton Member

Homeland... did you get that? Ripley. Todd Ripley. Yes... two d's.

8. Tim Garton

Tim Garton Member

Hmmm. We jumped from response time to your love life. Oh... wait... I see the connection .:)

9. OK I'm not sure what the hell Chris is talking about but that last sentance to me means I think he's hoping he get a free pie. :confused:

Frank.

10. Coach Duff

Coach Duff Banned or Parked

I have no idea what any of you are talking about, I just thought I'd show you the neighborhood beach. If only there was one creek with steelhead in it, then I'd think I was really living somewhere special. Since there obviously isn't, I have to bite the bullet and do the best I can. :D Coach

11. Jon Borcherding

Jon Borcherding New Member

I've noticed lagging / stalling or whatever it is too. If I find myself getting annoyed I simply remind myself that it's FREE. That usually cures any minor annoyance that I may be experiencing.
    If that doesn't work I just blame it on the Republicans like the rest of the conspiracy theorists.
    :rolleyes:
    JonB