Nunnally/Lenice Night fishing?

Curtis

Will be camping there thursday and friday night. Anyone do any night fishing over there?? Weather reports calling for possibility of snow thurday night.bawling: Need some way to stay warm!
besides :beer1:

Thanks!!

I'd be more worried about the wind in the forecast at this point. It might be a little early for night fishing, but who knows. Some of those bigger fish might be feeding at night due to all the traffic/chaos during the day.

Night fishing at Lenice and Nunnally is a special experience. You should do it every chance you get. I'm usually getting on the water there as everyone else is leaving, even early in the season.

No, just walk back to the parking lot and bobby trap their tires to pop when they leave, does the trick and makes those fish expensive. They will likely never see as it's dark and it doesn't look like you went back

Tag "I'm a poacher" on their car.

The best though is to then syphon the gas and save yourself some cash.

Dale Dennis

Formally Double-D
You can also pick up some nice fish during the day (which I prefer). This was my partner last Thursday, there was a brown picked up in our group almost the same size (no photo). Notice the two flies in his nose. We pulled them out and sent him on his way.
View attachment 13190

dp

~El Pescador
nice fish. I fished Lenice on Tuesday and got into a lot of the recently planted little tigers. Plus a couple of average rainbows, all chiro fishing.
Then the wind came up about 2:00 and we called it a day.

dp

Well, the night fishing, only one night was good. Landed two in the last 30 minutes of light. At dark, well, it was too damn dark. I will upload a picture tomorrow.

Porter

I'm more of a troller at night....cast short let out some line and kick away(float tubing)....amazing how they see dark flies/leeches at night..but they do.