Trip Report 4 days fly fishing Montana 9/30-10/4

Had Four days of float trips fishing the Beaverhead, Big Hole and Jefferson. First two days with Chris from 4 Rivers and next 2 days with Joe out of Stonefly, both are based in Twin Bridges MT and are great guides.

All four days were good with the best action fishing San Juan worms under a bobber fished deep on the edge of slow water. Also had some success with streamers and a few risers on dries when we had extended cloud cover.

The highlight was on the 4th day about 30mins into our float on the Jefferson. Managed to land my personal best Montana 25.5" brown on the SJ worm.

[GALLERY=media, 44267]Big Montana Brown from the Jefferson 10/3/2017 by David K Johnson posted Oct 9, 2017 at 1:55 PM[/GALLERY]

Had Four days of float trips fishing the Beaverhead, Big Hole and Jefferson. First two days with Chris from 4 Rivers and next 2 days with Joe out of Stonefly, both are based in Twin Bridges MT and are great guides.

All four days were good with the best action fishing San Juan worms under a bobber fished deep on the edge of slow water. Also had some success with streamers and a few risers on dries when we had extended cloud cover.

The highlight was on the 4th day about 30mins into our float on the Jefferson. Managed to land my personal best Montana 25.5" brown on the SJ worm.

[GALLERY=media, 44267]Big Montana Brown from the Jefferson 10/3/2017 by David K Johnson posted Oct 9, 2017 at 1:55 PM[/GALLERY]
Great fish! Glad to see the Jeff fishing well, and good for you for getting out there and enjoying it! It's been over a decade since I fished that river but it is some glorious habitat when the water is right.