Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

SFR: some of you may be up on Camp Chef's site

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Steelheader69 
#1 ·
I did a posting for my blog (well, it's the prostaffers blog). Did a play by play of the weekend with pics from myself and the rest of you. Guess it's been a big hit, and I've got rave reviews from my Rep. In fact, I was able to get a plug for Washingtonflyfishing.com on there as well. Figured you may want to check it out. Funny that it's already had tons of hits and alot of good reviews and was put up this morning.

http://www.campchef.com/blog/

#7 ·
Hey Camp Chef, that ain't funny man. It is true as hell, but it ain't funny. What is funny is that Jerry fed me like a freaking king, I ate like a pig and had a blast. Got on the scale Tuesday morning at work and actually lost four pounds from the week before. I guess it was because I was driving back and forth from the hotel and was not pounding the refrescantes like the rest of the fellas. Awesome, awesome food!

Jerry, if you say your going to a get together, I'll bet the turnout doubles.
Jeff
Here here, you said it right Jeff Bandy. All the well fed cats will be stalking Jerry D's events for sure.

#5 ·
Steve, I'm glad you liked the food. I guess I'm invited to more of these fishing trips then? :)

#8 ·
Ed, I heard you could talk up a storm. All I heard from you was chomping down food. ;)

Well, my next major cooking trip is on the Kalama in May for springers, then the Cowlitz in July. I doubt I'll be able to do the Dry Falls this month (if that one takes off).

#9 ·
Why not send me some dates for the Kalama, I need to connect with a fella called SpeySpaz and another called River Elf. Cowlitz, will that be the one with the palletized bonfire that you can see from deep outer space? I might need a date on that event too.

All you heard was chomping. Normally I can chat it up with the best of them. You had me at a disadvantage! Next time I'll bring a keyboard. I cannot chomp and talk, but I can chomp and talk...doing so right this moment...and watching TV too.

#10 ·
Will do Ed. I think we're getting close to finalizing dates on both events. The Cowlitz used to have monster bon fires. Then Blue Creek campground shut us down from doing that, so we moved to the private camping area near Barrier Dam.

#12 ·
LOL Bhudda. We USED to do it at Blue Creek. But we'd fish away from there. Just a nice big campground to centralize (though some of the newbies would make that jaunt to BC slot). I'd run the driftboat up to Barrier and float down to BC. Most of the sled guys we had with us would run down to Mission or lower. But it's sure fun to have the get together in the evening. :)

#14 ·
Great stuff Jerry! The memories just flood back. I can't wait to get back up there.
Appreciate the recognition too, but not necessary. The pleasure was all mine. Be honored to assist you anytime my friend.

#15 ·
Thanks everyone. I did have alot of fun. Those that were there hopefully saw that I truly enjoy cooking as much as I did fishing and rowing. Now, if I could make a living doing all three, I'd quit my job at UPS. LOL.

Ok, I've had a few emails and PMs about this, so will let you know this. The next two events I'm doing are more gear related. It's off my steelheader.net board. We have a few yearly events. Next one is more low scaled, but the later is our big one. Though it is mostly gear guys, alot of them do flyfish, and some are exclusive flyfisherman. This is a steelheading board, all are welcome. Hopefully I can even get Chris to show up. LOL.

But the next one is on the Kalama for springers. May 15-16-17th. Usually have the big feed on Saturdays at these events. Then July is the big one on the Cowlitz. We camp at Barrier Dam campground (which is private) and try to reserve the field. Has a great covered cooking area. That's the weekend of 24-26th July. Right now these dates are sorta in the air, but pretty close to totally being nailed in.

#16 ·
Jerry, I think I have been having withdrawls from that weekend. I could sure go for one of those steaks right now :beer1: Let me know when/where the Kalama event will be. I doubt I can make it, but it will be tempting. Since I'm gone all week my weekends are a bit protective, and hard for me to get away. That's why I try and do all my fishing during the week when I'm out working. Just got back from the Kalama tonight. I would really like to float it sometime, seems like lots of nice water to get to by boat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.