crab creek

Too bad it sucks now because of poor grazing practices and streambank erosion, and springs gone dry. Not to mention the wet sections are private. Troutcatcher......look elsewhere, there are much better streams north Spokane.

I always have to laugh a bit when people get abuse for asking questions about creeks that are in the regulations booklet (not so much on this particular thread, but in general). I certainly understand there is a desire to minimize use/impact on certain less-known waters, but in those cases where one is in the regs, I'll confidently assume that more people see the name _____ creek/river in the regulations booklet than on this site.

I always have to laugh a bit when people get abuse for asking questions about creeks that are in the regulations booklet (not so much on this particular thread, but in general). I certainly understand there is a desire to minimize use/impact on certain less-known waters, but in those cases where one is in the regs, I'll confidently assume that more people see the name _____ creek/river in the regulations booklet than on this site.
Dude, no body reads regs. Are you kidding? They just ask everyone on this site.:eek:

Trent

Ugly member
iagree If it is listed in the "specil rules" section of the Regs; that means that it gets fished enough, that the powers to be deem it nesecary to put regulate it more. This means that the body of water is no freakin secret. Same goes if a body of water is listed in a guide book, Flyfisher's Guide to Washington for example, again no big secret:thumb:

Last weekend I was passing through an area that Crab Creek occupies and I thought I'd give it a go as a day earlier the Yak looked a little quick and muddy colored. I fished a couple stretches of Crab Creek in the Glyod Seeps Wildlife Area. Only caught a carp and a yellow perch. My gazetteer showed springs that either I couldn't find or were dried up but I know I was in the right area. Saw a ton of carp and water that didn't look very hospitable to trout. I'm sure the agricultural practices in the area contributed to the poor water quality. But I'll probably give Crab Creek another try elsewhere as it meanders for quite some distance.

Too bad it sucks now because of poor grazing practices and streambank erosion, and springs gone dry. Not to mention the wet sections are private. Troutcatcher......look elsewhere, there are much better streams north Spokane.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
There are lots of little spring creeks over on the dry side and all you all need to do is look for where the bridges cross these little creeks and there is where you will find most of your access. Shit it can't be any harder than that. Or is it that you all are to lazy to go out and look.

That's the fun in finding your own fishing secret hot spot. Going by yourself.

I know by one thing that it took me lots of gas to find all I fished but in the long run it was all worth it. If I was still in Washington, I could take off and go someplace that nobody else goes because it is too far or too far down hill that they don't want to climb.

Jim