Swap terrestrial swap

mike doughty

Honorary Member
alright this swap is closed. even though there is not a big hurry to meet the deadline. the quicker i get them the sooner they go out and see water. when you are ready to ship them let me know and i will pm my address.

Well here is my first attempt. As i said before, I am new to tying and this pattern has proven more difficult than I thought. Your critiques are welcome. I'm thinking I need more dubbing under the post, and the wing needs to be down closer to the body (although I don't think a fish will notice that with it's view from the bottom)

Well here is my first attempt. As i said before, I am new to tying and this pattern has proven more difficult than I thought. Your critiques are welcome. I'm thinking I need more dubbing under the post, and the wing needs to be down closer to the body (although I don't think a fish will notice that with it's view from the bottom)
Looks pretty good! I agree that you should add more dubbing, esp. around the post, to create a more tapered head. Also, I'd wrap the parachute hackle closer to the body so it floats higher.