Pink Rubber Worms

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
I touched a pink worm at Sportco in Fife today. I could so see sliding a dirty shank throug it, attaching a dirty pink maribou or schlappen wide wrapped hackle for some action to compliment the auger or fluked tails and swing that crap...oh damn, I just puked again.
I'll have one all rigged up at the fly swap on 12/04/2010, we can meet discreately in the back parking lot for the transfer of ownership.

I really could give two shits how anyone else views my attempts at angling.

Says the guy with 9,909 posts
says the guy with 3... u must not understand the internet very well...

no offense to mr mumbles here, but 10k posts is not very much in the world of forums. yes its alot for here, but ive seen users other places with 500,000 posts. its easy to type and hit quick reply

Salmo_g

Threads like this demonstrate that there really hasn't been a large increase in the number of fly fishermen. That number remains about the same. The big increase is in the number of "faux" fly fishermen, for whom "whatever" is their basic philosophy about life.

Sg

Why yes I do, and I personally believe the vast majority of people that believe otherwise are fooling themselves. Of course who that anyone is plays a vital role in how much I care.

Threads like this demonstrate that there really hasn't been a large increase in the number of fly fishermen. That number remains about the same. The big increase is in the number of "faux" fly fishermen, for whom "whatever" is their basic philosophy about life.

Sg
whatever,

fb

Ed Call

Sg
Salmo_g, you are cool, brilliant, well versed on the history of fly fishing and very judgemental in your determination of what is fly fishing and what is not. The definition is pretty general and many will push the boundaries, induce their philosophies or what have you. In the end it is not for you to determine if I or another is a fly fisherman, but our determination of what we are ouselves. Feel free to call me a boundary bluring crack pot, that is likely true, but I am a fly fisherman because I think, know, and say that I am a fly fisherman. Perhaps it is the sheer lack of fish today, as compared to when you were learning the craft in a more traditional philosophy that is more the difference. You leared and found an affinity for one methodology that you believe in and it suits you. Some of us newer to this game are willing to be a bit more experimental. It all works for the user, and really, isn't that all that really matters? Ed

Some of us newer to this game are willing to be a bit more experimental. It all works for the user, and really, isn't that all that really matters? Ed
Oh Mumbles you brainiac!
....You hit it spot on.

Now go back to cleaning up your puke and then PM me your address so I can send you the pink wormathingamajobs you've been asking so much for.......:clown:

Salmo_g, you are cool, brilliant, well versed on the history of fly fishing and very judgemental in your determination of what is fly fishing and what is not. The definition is pretty general and many will push the boundaries, induce their philosophies or what have you. In the end it is not for you to determine if I or another is a fly fisherman, but our determination of what we are ouselves. Feel free to call me a boundary bluring crack pot, that is likely true, but I am a fly fisherman because I think, know, and say that I am a fly fisherman. Perhaps it is the sheer lack of fish today, as compared to when you were learning the craft in a more traditional philosophy that is more the difference. You leared and found an affinity for one methodology that you believe in and it suits you. Some of us newer to this game are willing to be a bit more experimental. It all works for the user, and really, isn't that all that really matters? Ed

The thing that always stumps me in these threads is, why is it so important to call it fly fishing! Why not call it what it is( fishin a worm, bead, pullin plugs, whateva)?