Connecters/loops for fly line?

I've not used shoo goo, but use it if you've got it. A little dab will do ya! Too much at first and you've got a mess. Not enough and you can add another light coating. Good luck.
thanks man. do you think this will work? i was gonna do it on a chunk of line just to see how much glue i will need

Ed Call

I guess it could work. Not familiar with how shoe goo works on pvc or pu lines. Sorry, not much help there, maybe some of our chemists? A tube of UV knotsense and some sunlight (apply in the shade or inside, then expose to sunlight or a UV pen light) really does the knot coating trick. Knots are big though, bigger than welded loops. Welding is awesome, just takes a bit of practice to get it down. A local shop can teach you, probably sell you a kit and get you going.

I guess it could work. Not familiar with how shoe goo works on pvc or pu lines. Sorry, not much help there, maybe some of our chemists? A tube of UV knotsense and some sunlight (apply in the shade or inside, then expose to sunlight or a UV pen light) really does the knot coating trick. Knots are big though, bigger than welded loops. Welding is awesome, just takes a bit of practice to get it down. A local shop can teach you, probably sell you a kit and get you going.
ok i will experiment and if it works i will let you know! thanks mumbles

Blue

I make my own loops. I can make them as small as I want and no hang-up what so ever:

But, my next choice would be the braided.

DaveH

I just made a loop today, using grey tying thread and CA. I folded the line over, coated it lightly with medium thick CA, wrapped it with thread and hit it with kicker. That is to say, sprayed on a some accelerator to force a cure and avoid the mess. Its really strong. Blue's looks cooler, though, with that red stuff.......