Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Guideline Warranty experiences...what can I expect?

Spey 
3K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  k2flyfisher 
#1 ·
Need to send my rod in for a warranty repair, anyone have experience with the guideline warranty program? I'll go online to figure out where to send, just wondering what to expect for a timeline or hassle factor if any.

Thanks, James.

#3 ·
Must have been a nick in the blank...after casting, quick mend snap! No pressure just pop! It was my second cast of the morning, so who's to say, perhaps I damaged it in my truck, by dropping a tool or something, in the back seat, on it. Oh well, good thing it's my winter rod.

James.

#10 ·
Stuart Green is on top of it. And yes, It's hard to beat a Guideline rod they are definitely worth waiting for. Going to have to put some money together and get a few more so I'll have back ups. By far my favorite winter rod!

So if i was to get another winter rod what would YOU recommend? Was thinking about getting the 13'7" 8/9 for medium to larger waters, strung with a Guideline DDC of course. Is the 9/10 worth considering or would it be over kill for most NW waters?

#15 ·
also re: the 13'7 9/10...its a howitzer with incredibly fast recovery and great feel into the hands. turned a delta 9/10 into a shooting head with 1.5' of rear taper @ about 55'...removing the running line and a bit of the rear taper lightened up the line a bit, dropping it right into the sweet spot of this stick...positive turnover at 100'+ with medium sized flies.

#16 ·
I Keep coming back to the 13'7" 9/10. I think it's a toss up at this point between the 14'8" 9/10 and the 13'7" 9/10. K2 your suggesting with the delta is a great one I'll keep it in mind. I tried something very similar with my 7136z and a 6/7 delta, it shoots very well with medium flys and a small cone head....my only regret is or perhaps need, is to get a 7/8 delta for those windy days. The lighter set up just gets blown around way too much. That gets me back to the larger guideline rod; I would like to have something that will handle wind, like my 12'6" Lecie W/ an 8/9 DDC, but with a longer head...Brian that 9/10 Delta (Cut and modified) on a 13'7" 9/10 rod may just fit the bill exactly!

...but the 14'8" gets me into the world of long belly, should I dare to venture there...which is probably inevitable.

#17 ·
I'd like to report my Le Cie is back in action. Thanks Guideline! Yeah it took about 5 weeks but it was from out of the country. Even Sage in the past has taken 4 weeks and almost 7 weeks on another.

Thank you again Stuart Green, at Guideline, for a great rod and the warranty work.

#24 ·
I have an old ( I`ve had it for 6 years , and I got it used) Guideline "Made in the USA" HST 13' 8/9 rod , that is the most versatile rod I own . I`ve yet to string up a line on it that it hasn`t liked . Skagit line ? put a chicken on the end of it , and away it goes . Scandi ? rocket launcher . Delta ? stupid/easy . Don`t feel like stripping ? Put a Delta Long on it .
Want a little more challenge ? Try a Grandspey .

With minor adjustments , this rod throws `em all .

#25 ·
Hi James, thanks for your support. Guideline NA LLC has only been open for a short few months. Services issues will improve as we move forward and start stocking parts here in the USA.
I will be planning some Guideline fly fishing "Boot Camps" for the NW area for the fall this year. I will keep you all posted on this OK.
Many thanks to those who are already guideline rock stars...Below link to a Guideline mini clip on Youtube for you pleasure..Hope you like it?
Guideline_Rockstar.mov

#29 ·
That clip is DISTURBED.. well, actually Godsmack :thumb:

I will be planning some Guideline fly fishing "Boot Camps" for the NW area for the fall this year. I will keep you all posted on this OK.
Many thanks to those who are already guideline rock stars...
Nice to hear Stuart.. Great gear and good people.

Sweet job with the vid.. thanks to you Eric & Pete.

#30 ·
Hi Stu, Quick question... I was fortunate enough to get the three piece, 13'7 - 7 spey from the old Guidline distrubutor awhile back. If and when it breaks, will it be replaced by a 4 piece, or do you have the abilities to fix the three piece models?

Thanks,

Justin

#32 ·
LOL, yeah, you and Brian say the same thing. Trust me... It is coming out of the quiver this summer...as in tomorrow!!!!

#33 ·
Hello Justin, we are still able to get parts for the 3 piece rods. I am hoping you take great care of your rod as the 3 piece rod parts will not be available for ever. Our 4 piece rods are awesome, but have a different feel than the 3 piece rods. Best advice is try not to break her buddy..Whatever, we will stand behind our products OK..Thanks for using Guideline rods and we hope you continue to support our brand..Good fishing and all the best, Stu

#34 ·
Awesome, Good to hear.... Thanks Stu!

#35 ·
Stu- great video man. awesome perspectives from angles that ive never seen on video...also good to hear that you at least have some 7/8 3pc sections left. theres a lot of people in this neck of the woods with that rod. ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.