NFR: And now wolves in the Teanaway drainage

ribka

I see a lot of you guys , west side urban dwellers, don't spend too much time out in the wilderness areas in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. The wolves have decimated the many of the herds or elk, deer and especially the moose over there. I fish and hike a lot in the Clearwater in Idaho and Lolo in Montana and NW WY and the elk and deer pops are way down from there because of the re-introduction of the wolves and the banning of hunting of wolves. I talked to Game Officer there last year in the Clearwater, ID by Kelly Creek and he said he found over 80 deer, moose and elk carcasses in the Spring killed by wolves. None were eaten just killed.

Where I used to hunt elk in Montana the same thing.

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/an...blamed-for-decline-of-elk-in-yellowstone-park

The RMEF oppose re-intro of wolves:

http://www.rmef.org/NewsandMedia/Wolves/WolfLitigation.htm
V

Idaho and Montana are thinking on cutting way back on issue of elk and deer moose licenses because of the wolf impact on populations

Why bring them back to Washington?

If you want to bring back the wolf allow hunting seasons to control their numbers

Guess it would very cool to shut down salmon and steelhead seasons in Washington and start a re-intro of smallmouth bass and pike minnows.
Yeh I know smallmouths are not native just like the Canadian Gray wolf.

Many on here would love to see the elk, deer, moose numbers reduced and all hunting banned
And yet, these are the same people that will go out and bury a hook into a fish's face and laugh and smile ear to ear at that fishes agony and fear for its life... makes tons of sense. Not saying that I don't love to fish, but to say one is better than the other or more sporting or more, dare I say, humane, is ludicrous.

ribka

And yet, these are the same people that will go out and bury a hook into a fish's face and laugh and smile ear to ear at that fishes agony and fear for its life... makes tons of sense. Not saying that I don't love to fish, but to say one is better than the other or more sporting or more, dare I say, humane, is ludicrous.
You got it!

But if you drive a Prius or Subaru and swing with a Burkheimer spey rod it is much kewler and ok to do this

Chris Bellows

Your Preferred WFF Poster
Many on here would love to see the elk, deer, moose numbers reduced and all hunting banned
who?

name some names if there are so many.

don't want to get in the way of some good urban bashing, but when you state there are "many" anti-hunters on this site i just haven't seen it. i just cannot remember threads with people wanting to ban deer, elk, or moose hunting.

dryflylarry

"Chasing Riseforms"
I see a lot of you guys , west side urban dwellers, don't spend too much time out in the wilderness areas in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. The wolves have decimated the many of the herds or elk, deer and especially the moose over there. I fish and hike a lot in the Clearwater in Idaho and Lolo in Montana and NW WY and the elk and deer pops are way down from there because of the re-introduction of the wolves and the banning of hunting of wolves. I talked to Game Officer there last year in the Clearwater, ID by Kelly Creek and he said he found over 80 deer, moose and elk carcasses in the Spring killed by wolves. None were eaten just killed.

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/an...blamed-for-decline-of-elk-in-yellowstone-park

V

Idaho and Montana are thinking on cutting way back on issue of elk and deer moose licenses because of the wolf impact on populations

If you want to bring back the wolf allow hunting seasons to control their numbers

Guess it would very cool to shut down salmon and steelhead seasons in Washington and start a re-intro of smallmouth bass and pike minnows.
That's a lot of dead deer, moose, and elk not eaten. I'm having a hard time believing that. You mean wolves hunt for the pleasure of the kill?... like men?

V

That dude was lying his ass off...Sounds like he was trying to make a case to start killing them off.

As a dual sport guy, this is not good. I love to fly fish and bow hunt for the same reasons. Both take skill, knowledge, a lot of practice, and knowing your quarry. Wolves were exterminated (or close to it) for a reason....they are too efficient. If humans weren't here it may balance out, but we are. There is simply not enough space or resources for both. This newest pack is really close to my elk camp and now they not only threaten my hunting, but potentially my safety. I love animals, but don't understand re-introducing this one! If some of the above is true about some people that fish are opposed to people that hunt, that is sad to the point of ridiculous.