Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Winter Steel Swap

Swap 
8K views 99 replies 18 participants last post by  LBC 
#1 ·
I know you might be thinking "really dude? Ain't even October and this guy is thinkin about winter???"

Well winter will come quick and I want some new ideas for my winter box before go time. So I wanna open up a winter swing bug swap for those interested in submitting a QUALITY, hopefully proven creation. I would like to emphasize Quality. Take some time, pick out the prime feathers. Use some head cement. Tie it like you would fish it. I would also like to stay away from standard issue shop bugs. I would like to see some original stuff. Or a twist on a classic. Swap will be closed at 10 people, I wanna receive the bugs by Dec 1.

Personally I will be tying an original dubbed "Beyonce." It's a unique twist on Scotty Howell's prom dress and has done well.

1) me
2) Yard
3) Ringlee
4) LBC
5) Blake
6) Mills
7) Matt G.
8) Thomas M.
9) Eric
10) 33" Brown Guy
11) Diehard

Swap full!

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm down, I'll let you know later what it will be. never swaped before but this one sounds good. edit.... I'm 95% sure I'll be tying a bug inspired by a pick yer pocket and a hoochie... I"ll call it a "pocket hoochie" that may or may not glo in the dark. colors to be decided.

#6 ·
OK, there hasn't been many swaps lately. I was thinking I might not do this since I don't have a lot of tying time, and like to fish a few of my favs most of the time. But I think it would be fun to share one of my favorite discoveries last year. I'm in. I'll be tying an intruder. with peacock. it's sexy. and it works. They are a bitch to tie, but oh well. So let's call it a sexy bitch intruder.

#22 ·
Do that color combo! I don't tie enough combos with white. That would be a good addition. I tie mine in purple/blue/chartreuse which is what got that king in the photo. Purple/pink has done real well too. Orange/red. All pink and all blue. But I like chasing dirty water around so my flies kinda reflect that. Love to see some whites.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.