Waiting Period Chum

skyrise

try Cerise/black/pink/green/purple with a cone head. make it jiggy .
and scent. i know its fly fishing. but chums are very good smellers.
shrimp scent.
gear guys use prawn tails and kill em.
i like cerise my self. and keep it in their nose. just keep it there.

dryflylarry

"Chasing Riseforms"
try Cerise/black/pink/green/purple with a cone head. make it jiggy .
and scent. i know its fly fishing. but chums are very good smellers.
shrimp scent.
gear guys use prawn tails and kill em.
i like cerise my self. and keep it in their nose. just keep it there.
You are not a fly fisherman if you use scent!!! Sorry pal. Geesus...........

skyrise

well to bad.
and if you use an indicator and split shot to fish with then your not a fly fisherman.
boy you could nit pick that to death.
get over it.

My buddy forgot some of his scent here after he visited. I'm not going to lie, I thought about putting some on my fly the other day when I couldn't get their attention. If I get another skunk day out there I probably will! haha

Here is an update version of my "Dog Slayer" flies from a couple years ago for those of you who requested.
I noticed using this type of body material increased hookups like mad compared to the floss body material in the previous pic, but noticed the chenille type material is a little less durable, but worth a massive increase in hookups.

I suggest epoxying the head and super gluing the body before wrapping with material and use strong thread. I tied a couple dozen knowing how much the chums will destroy the fly. The pic shows shows a basic #6 trout fly due to its what I had lying around at the time. I would highly recommend the Mustad 50 pack box of black salmon hooks in size 6 and 4, they are cheap and will last a while.

Tie LOTS of them with strong hooks,durable material,etc. Forget all the finesse and expensive fancy material and go to town and slay the dogs!