swinging flies== flossing fish??

How many fish are flossed on the swing

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cruik

I'm sure some steelhead are flossed, but it's gotta be a small number. I can see how it could be possible, but if a significant portion of steelhead on the swing were flossed, I would expect more salmon bycatch in the flossing. On the eastside rivers in the fall, I would expect to floss a decent ratio of chinook and coho to steelhead, especially since their mouth shape would make it easier. Also, on the West side in November and December, I would expect more chum flossing, but this doesn't happen.

Red Shed

"junkyard spey"
Because the majority here would pick 0 and there would be nothing to argue about. Thus, self defeating the purpose of this thread which is to create controversy.
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. Well said Kerry.

Panhandle

I love it when someone posts their opinion clearly, then states "we're" misinterpreting what's stated. Sandspanker, you specifically stated that you think swinging is flossing because 50% of fish caught swinging are flossed. Take your lumps guy.

PT

Physhicist
I never said that fish are flossed while nympthing... I feel that most dead drifted ways of fishing are deadly.. ( nympths, .
It's called nymphing, not nympthing. Just sayin'.

Here's a pic of my high water side drifting flossing rig. 27" long. Pretty effective at flossing them right inside the mouth as they bite it...;)

Josh

dead in the water
It's called nymphing, not nympthing. Just sayin'.

Here's a pic of my high water side drifting flossing rig. 27" long. Pretty effective at flossing them right inside the mouth as they bite it...;)
A can of Chelada and sandals without socks? I don't think you are really in the northwest PT. You flossing for bonefish with that rig?

You guys are all a bunch of liars. Admit it. I routinely floss steelhead with my patented Surface Flossing Muddler fly. Coho salmon have also proven susceptible. The right deer hair, treated to float properly, is the perfect material for getting stuck in their unsuspecting little teeth. It takes a little more skill to time it just right to coincide with the surface rise of a steelhead, and it helps to have several underwater cameras set up and synchronized by satellite to a time-corrected atomic clock at Hanford, linked to the vanadium-alloy microprocessor chip that I had surgically installed in the casting-lobe of my brain ... but it is worth it.

Salmo_g

If there is no such thing as a stupid question, then there must be stupid people.

Swinging flies 39 years and none flossed.

Sg

PT

Physhicist
A can of Chelada and sandals without socks? I don't think you are really in the northwest PT. You flossing for bonefish with that rig?
If I had gone to work today two of my employees would be looking for new jobs. Said they were going to work this weekend and found out they didn't. Tomorrow may still end up the same for them but I figured I'd let it rest for a day before making that call.

The Chelada can is for when I'm power tying. Just hang the hooks off the lip of the can to dry. Wish I was in the
Tropics......... somewhere~!

SSPey, way to floss up that player. That's a special skill!