Scadden pontoons.....

IMHO..this is how you run a business.
I have been looking at a variety of boats for over a year and when the time comes to pull the trigger Aire/Outcast will be at the top of my list.

Kent Lufkin

Remember when you could remember everything?
We at North Fork Outdoors go to great lengths to source as many components as possible for our product line here in the United States of America. Due to the fluctuating nature of our business, economic influence and pursuit of the most technically advanced components currently available we have found it necessary to import certain components from other countries for the manufacturing of some of our products.
Just because components were 'sourced' in the US doesn't mean they were actually made here. Even if a product is really made in Bangladesh, if you bought it from a sales representative with an office in Los Angeles, you can legitimately state that it was 'Sourced in the US.' While that statement gives the impression that the product was made in the US, it doesn't necessarily make it so. Unless of course, that's what you want to believe.

K

Kent Lufkin

Remember when you could remember everything?
29. Best customer service on the planet. Our customers come first. Your complete satisfaction is our #1 priority.
If this is true then this country is really deep shit. It took me a week and five phone messages to get the 'best customer service on the planet' to even call me back.

Of course, there's probably no end of folks who believe this kind of hype, which Dave Scadden apparently understands and counts on. As HL Mencken accurately observed back in the 1930's, "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

K

Freestone I have never thought of that but now I realize that all of the offshore made float tubes and pontoon boats that we buy from Outcast have a "certificate of origin" for marine vessels in the paper work that is included with the owners manual. It gives the country as well as the city where it is assembled/manufactured.
Interesting.
jesse

US law requires the Country of Origin be clearly labeled on products. Scadden may not have to tell anyone what factory makes his products but it is illegal not to label them properly. If Customs ever found out, he'd be in a world of hurt...

US law requires the Country of Origin be clearly labeled on products. Scadden may not have to tell anyone what factory makes his products but it is illegal not to label them properly. If Customs ever found out, he'd be in a world of hurt...
That's assuming that they're made in China. If they're made in the U.S. they don't have to say jack shit.
Apparently some are assuming that they're made in China because a couple new posters ( counting one that's been banned from here and is now posting under a different name) say so, and because Bdd didn't get the answer he wanted when he called up NFO. Hey BDD, are your boats made in the USA?

Ed Call

I'm wanting to get my first pontoon boat and I think I've decided to make it a Dave Scadden pontoon. Most likely the X5. I've heard and read that he makes good deals at the shows around the NW and I'll be at the Portland one next month. I see that his website shows some Christmas specials right now and I was wondering if those specials would be better than the deals he might give at a sportsman show? Just trying to save a few bucks in my first endeavor into a pontoon. Any help from past experiences would help.....thanks all.
Oh yeah, that was where it started. No request about running class IV+ to V. No restriction to made here, there, or anywhere. Just looking for a good deal. Not everyone interprets or defines a good deal the same way.

Apparently you're all ASSuming that they're made in China because a couple new posters ( counting one that's been banned from here and is now posting under a different name) say so,
Don't paint with too broad a brush. Or, are you ASSuming we all think as stated above?
Not all. I will change that as it is a little deurogerrty(sp?), and I apologize for that. I will edit it.

Ed Call

Etwood, there is a reason that every one of these Scadden threads devolve into what they devolve into. I'll let the moderators moderate.
Davit, I'm not attempting to moderate. Threads degrade because people drift off on their own personal fuss fests and that perpetuates. The thread was opened for what appears to be different reasons. I don't give a rat's ass who's boat anyone buys. I really don't care. I just am not as impressed by the bash and slash approach. Clearly Dave Scadden's customer service is not what we've seen from other companies, myself included. We can keep bashing, or we can actually assist Tschu with some positive information about whatever company you prefer (Sotar).

I don't know Scadden. I do have three of his boats. I have them becasue I want them for my fishing needs, not whitewater or hard core guide needs. I did not buy them relying on his customer service. I went in eyes wide open. His 14'9" pontoons are half as heavy, maybe even lighter, than my 14' maxxons. That is a good thing when you are one dude moving a boat around because your kids are too small to help you much. Lightweight has its benefits, and if getting on the water more with my girls are that benefit, I'm in.

Clearly Scadden needs to hire better people. He'd benefit by better communicators, yourself perhaps? Hed benefit by more trustworthy staff that would not allegedly steal his ideas/designs, yourself perhaps?

Regardless, I'd rather hear you sing the praises of Sotar than the slinging of Scadden. Anyone that's been here 20 minutes or can use the search function can find out that not all customer service related groups are the same.

Bash on brother, if that is what makes you feel fine as frog's hair.