Scadden Assault Xx Vs Watermaster Kodiak

JesseC

I waited a while too. Not sure who makes them for NFO.
aqua bound makes them. I called their customer service line - got it touch with a nice guy - explained my issues with having to wait weeks - he's going to do what he can to help out.

aqua bound makes them. I called their customer service line - got it touch with a nice guy - explained my issues with having to wait weeks - he's going to do what he can to help out.
Did he happen to agree with what's been put out on the back order thing? I am watching the UPS delivery truck like a hawk. I look like my kids looking out the window when the ice cream man drives by every time he passes my house. Mr Dave, NFO during a talk at the Puyallup Sportsmans Show, told me he is expecting a shipment of the oars this week. And should expect a pair of oars pretty soon..

Not to hi-jack, but RCSflyfish, would you tell us about those Sawyer oars?

I saw that this thread turned to oars so I thought I would put this in. I had made a pair of oars from cheaper Kayak paddles but they were cheap and didn't only last two floats and broke But I loved the additional rowing power with the kayak style paddle. I was just ready to spend a bunch of money on some Carbon Fiber Kayak Paddles (2) and cut them. My local Kayak shop told me to check out Sawyer Oars, They said the guys there were really cool. So I went to their website and under the Composite Oars. I saw the Camo SST and their standard SST (Smaller personal watercraft oars) Perfect, exactly what I was wanting to build on my own. So I wanted to give the Local Kayak store the business for helping me( instead of ordering directly online). They ordered the Camo SST for me. I called Sawyer and they explained the Dynel Wrap they used for pinned oar locks. They took my name and the Kayak shops name from me. When the order came to them, they built them for me with the Dynel Wrap and I just paid the upcharge for the Wrap. I enjoyed the power of the Kayak Paddle on the oar. Plus my buddy and I like to fish and float without a lot of attention. So the camo was perfect(my prior oars i have wrapped with camo). I frequent this site especially the Watercraft section and get a lot of good information so I wanted to pass this along. The only thing I did with these for my Watermaster was I could only get 6' length in camo. So I cut the handle section by 6" to get them to 5.5', foam filled the handle end and Plasti Dip the handle for a nice permanent rubber handle. They do offer the Standard SST's in 5.5' but I couldn't resist the camo.

Gregg Lundgren

Now fishing on weekdays too!
I should have some better formed opinions to share in a few weeks, because I will soon have one foot in each camp.:) I purchased an Assault XX at the show today, and it will be joining a Water Master Kodiak currently in use.

Oh no! Will this be how it all gets started?;)

PT

Physhicist
Oh no! Will this be how it all gets started?;)
Yes. Next you'll own a 12' Steelheader, sell that to buy a Super Puma, buy a salt boat, sell the SP to buy a bit larger raft, realize the limitations of your salt boat and upgrade with the knowledge your previous boat got you, buy a DB as some fisheries are just more pleasant while in a hard boat, all the while buying and selling 1 person boats until you find that perfect balance of being single, lonely, and confused which watercraft you should fish out of that day.

Not that I know any of this from personal experience.

JesseC

Yes. Next you'll own a 12' Steelheader, sell that to buy a Super Puma, buy a salt boat, sell the SP to buy a bit larger raft, realize the limitations of your salt boat and upgrade with the knowledge your previous boat got you, buy a DB as some fisheries are just more pleasant while in a hard boat, all the while buying and selling 1 person boats until you find that perfect balance of being single, lonely, and confused which watercraft you should fish out of that day.

Not that I know any of this from personal experience.
Too funny. I know it's a slippery slope when I'm rationalizing a packraft, streamtech, and an inflatable yak all in the same mind thread.

This sport really sucks man... :)