Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bigfoot

NFR 
8K views 62 replies 34 participants last post by  Mark Walker 
#1 ·
Anybody see a big foot while out fishing?

#3 ·
I swear we heard one at Mt. Saint Helens the other day at the lake, but it was just a sick Comerant! But the yotes and bull elk were screaming at him in the morning. I just never got a look at him. ONE OF THESE DAYS!

#6 ·
Well...I've never talked about this before but there was one day I did a solo float down the Sauk River. I'll never forget the day. It was mid week, March 16, 1991 to be exact and the day was one of those normal drizzly spring days. About mid-day the sun popped out and I decided it was a good time to stop for lunch.

I'd just downed a sandwich and a beer and was lighting up a smoke when a melon sized rock landed a few feet away from me. I turned around and looked but didn't see anyone. The nearest cover was at least 30' away but I couldn't really see anything hiding in it so I turned my gaze back to the river thinking that the rock must have just been sitting funny and had picked that moment to fall off of whatever it was balanced on.

A few seconds later another one landed a few feet away and this time there was no doubt that the rock had been thrown. It was the size of a cantaloupe and still had dirt clinging to it unlike the ones at the river's edge that surrounded me. I stood up and turned around facing the brush and made a few steps in that direction. It was at this time that the brush parted and a humanoid creature about eight feet tall charged me.

#15 ·
Ha! There's several mean and aggro Sasquatches guarding all my secret spots. However, they are my friends. They can sense my approach, and they fearlessly go about killing all the hornets nests before my arrival, so I can fish in peace. Sasquatch is your friend for life if you share your PBJ with one!

#17 ·
I like to believe, but... I had an experience fishing up at a hike-in lake called Jupiter Lake #2 in the Olympics off Mt. Jupiter about 32 years ago now (8 miles one way). Unfortunately I didn't look directly at it while fishing because some guys had been camping on that side of the lake, but had left 3 hours previous. It walked across the camp in very few large strides and disappeared into the trees. After it disappeared, I thought, what the hell was that? I wish to this day I would have looked directly at it and, I also had my camera on me. All I can say is, my friend and I didn't sleep ALL night. We went over to look for tracks, but it was on a huge rock outcrop area covered with moss, so we found nothing. After this thing had disappeared from the corner of my eye, I thought, wholly crap, that thing was taller than any human that had been there earlier, long arms, and a big stride before disappearing. I still like to believe. It's not exactly easy telling this story since people grin at you kinda funny. All I can say is, I haven't ever forgotten about this. Keep grinning!

#18 ·
"8 miles one way"
"Saw" what looked like it might have been a "Sasquatch."
Couldn't find any tracks.
No mention of how good the fishing was.

Conclusion: Freaking awesome place! Hey Larry! Please PM me the directions to that lake!

However, granting the possibility of your having seen a real live Sasquatch, I'd say it was cruising the recently vacated campsite to check for any PBJ's left behind.

#19 ·
"8 miles one way"
"Saw" what looked like it might have been a "Sasquatch."
Couldn't find any tracks.
No mention of how good the fishing was.

Conclusion: Freaking awesome place! Hey Larry! Please PM me the directions to that lake!

However, granting the possibility of your having seen a real live Sasquatch, I'd say it was cruising the recently vacated campsite to check for any PBJ's left behind.
Jim- I believe it was looking for left over PBJ's! Ha! Fishing was .... well..great at the time.

#22 ·
TV? What's that? Some other kind of monster? Oh yeah, I remember...the Trojan that was sneaked into your living room by the advertisers. The same sneaky bastages who wake up every morning just amazed that consumers actually purchase these brain-washing devices and install them in their own homes themselves, and then subject themselves to the insidious machinations of the pale hypnotic spell.

#23 ·
Stumbled across these on the San Juan River in NM this August.

I also saw one near Grants Pass in 2005. I was camping and my friends and I had rocks thrown at us several times during the night. Woke up in the morning and walked down a trail behind our camp and saw one stand up about 50 feet away and walk uphill. I had my friend stand where I saw it, and in comparison it was about 9 feet tall. There was a trail of footprints with a huge stride that I couldn't come close to matching, walking up a very steep hill. Definitely wasn't a bear or a person in a suit.
Automotive tire Wood Branch Bicycle tire Plant
Brown Wood Road surface Beige Grey
Jeans Shoe Leg People in nature Black

Attachments

#24 ·
Saw one last Saturday while fishing on a coastal river. It was standing on a debris jam of logs across the river and appeared to be watching me fish. It didn't move for a very long time. It was kinda' splotchy looking, like it was shedding its winter coat. Musta' been close to 7' tall.

I looked upriver when a raft with 3 fishermen drifted down. I was keeping an eye on them out of concern of being low-holed, and when I looked back at the debris jam, the Sasquatch was gone.

Sg

#36 ·
Saw one last Saturday while fishing on a coastal river. It was standing on a debris jam of logs across the river and appeared to be watching me fish. It didn't move for a very long time. It was kinda' splotchy looking, like it was shedding its winter coat. Musta' been close to 7' tall.

I looked upriver when a raft with 3 fishermen drifted down. I was keeping an eye on them out of concern of being low-holed, and when I looked back at the debris jam, the Sasquatch was gone.

Sg
You sure that wasn't Jeff Bandy?

#25 ·
I was fly fishing by Kachess Lake in WA. I was all alone. I was setting up my camp I got bored and started singing softly. A short time later I started smelling what smelled like dirty cat letter. I thought that was really odd after a while I just ignored it. Then I started breaking the big branches to make my fire. After breaking the really big branches I heard a loud very loud knock. I thought that was odd because I was the only one around I was high up. So I thought maybe that was a bear coming down a tree or something. So after that I did some screams to try to scare it away. So I started my fire I had some meat out by the fire. After a while I started hearing whistles I was like what the heck I never heard a bird like that. Mind you I’m in the mountains a lot so when that happened I started to be on my guard. I also lived in Yosemite for 9 months. After cooking one pork chop I had one still laying on the rock beside me. I started hearing rustling in the trees behind me so I grabbed my bear spray. I went to go check it out and didn’t see a bear. So I went back to camp didn’t think about anymore. After I was done with my dinner a big rock came crashing by almost hitting my car. I thought it was just a rock falling from a cliff. Then I started thinking about it there’s no cliffs by me what the heck! So I started screaming to scare it away. I did that for a minute or two then relaxed for a bit. Then another big rock was thrown so I got really pissed off and started really yelling. Then I thought my mind is just playing tricks so I ignored it. Then maybe 20, 30 minutes later a really big rock was thrown. When that happened again I knew it wasn’t my mind playing games with me. So I was thinking is this really happening? A couple of minutes passed another rock thrown. So I started to yell again then I heard a really angry loud whoop sound like I never heard before. I could feel it inside me it was that loud like you were at a concert or something. I got really scared and drove away.

Reactions: Tool Fly
#26 ·
I've never seen one, but have a friend who claims he did; he has refused to return to that place back home in Montana for 40+ years; I did see my friend after his experience . . . he was genuinely scared. I also saw a post on this very forum however, that incuded a clear photo of a female Squatch in Forks as part of a "Husband Wanted" ad . . .

#28 ·
Just because its not at your local zoo or some geek scientist hasnt seen it dosen't mean its not out there

Reactions: T Bag
#29 ·
Strangest thing - I used to see one at damn near every Sonics (RIP) game I went to. Never scared me though - Turns out this individual was one of the more fun loving of their species. Always up to goofy shenanigans, playing around on a trampoline, shooting T-shirts from an air cannon, stuff like that.

G
#30 ·
I was plunking up on the skagit with a couple of local fellas onetime years ago and saw a yeti swim across the river later after drinking some more of this localy made apple cider I saw a sled go by with two Pink Elephants water sking behind it. I sure hope They never cut down that apple tree that has them special apples they make that cider from !!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.