FS Looking for 6wt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks,

Looking to replace my recently busted custom Sage XP, my go to streamer rod. Would love to keep it under $300 (plus shipping), if anyone has something they are looking to unload.

A 4 piece rod preferred. You can email me at [email protected]

Tx,
Adam

Sage is great at replacing broken sections... i had a 9'5wt Launch that Sage replaced the tip section for me. I am sure that they would gladly fix your XP. The one time i casted one of those i was impressed!

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
Bummer about breaking an old "go to" rod. If the repair option through Sage doesn't work out, start searching the internet. I saw several listed in the past couple months while I was looking for a saltwater 6 wt myself and nearly pulled the trigger on one before finding a great deal on St. Croix legend Elite ESW906-4 (which, by the way, I would highly recommend).

It was a custom built rod. I'm assuming Sage would only supply a blank, right? Unfortunately, I know nothing about rod building.

Yaffe, I'm not sure how Sage works but when I had a loose ferrule connection on my custom Winston WT Winston did the work as though it were a factory rod. Considering Sage's reputation for high level customer service I am guessing they would do the same.

Richard E

Yaffe, I'm not sure how Sage works but when I had a loose ferrule connection on my custom Winston WT Winston did the work as though it were a factory rod. Considering Sage's reputation for high level customer service I am guessing they would do the same.
Sage replaces the broken sections, if the blank is under warranty. Been there, done that.

It was a custom built rod. I'm assuming Sage would only supply a blank, right? Unfortunately, I know nothing about rod building.
It's a lot easier than you would think. Plenty of information and tutorials on the web. Check out www.rodbuildingforum.com for online tutorials. If you still don't want to try it yourself, I am sure that you could find a builder in your area on this website who would build it for you for much less than the cost of a new/used rod of equal quality.

Ted

dogsnfish

Sage is pretty liberal with their repairs; great company. I broke a tip a few years ago and told them it was my fault and they still replaced it under warranty. I sent another rod off to them today and expect I will get it fixed under warranty. Doesn't hurt to just call them.

Richard E

It's a lot easier than you would think. Plenty of information and tutorials on the web. Check out www.rodbuildingforum.com for online tutorials. If you still don't want to try it yourself, I am sure that you could find a builder in your area on this website who would build it for you for much less than the cost of a new/used rod of equal quality.

Ted
Exactly. That's what I've done on a couple of my custom rods when a blank has broken. The last time I had a tip re-built was done by the folks up in Lake Stevens (forget the business name at the moment) who have forever been in the custom rod business. The price and the work were both reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.