Should I get another rod?

So I like gear just as much as anyone else, but I see guys out here in Colorado go trout fishing on one river with 3 or 4 rods in their hands. I've got a 9' 5-weight and a great switch rod from Bob Meiser, but am wondering what I'm missing...should I be in the market for another Colorado river trout fishing rod? (I also have a 9' 7-weight).

JE

So I like gear just as much as anyone else, but I see guys out here in Colorado go trout fishing on one river with 3 or 4 rods in their hands. I've got a 9' 5-weight and a great switch rod from Bob Meiser, but am wondering what I'm missing...should I be in the market for another Colorado river trout fishing rod? (I also have a 9' 7-weight).
Of course you should. Get a 3 weight for your Mtn streams.

Theres a chance they could be fishing different setups on multiple rods but using the same technique, like 3 nymph rods rigged with different flies at different depths, then maybe a dry fly rod aswell, as opposed to switching out setups. This seems to be popular with alot of dudes, especially in the winter because it's easier then changing flies a bunch with cold hands. I find its more trouble then its worth to carry multiple rods while wading.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
You need to go out and get yourself a nice 3wt. Just the ticket for small creeks. About a 7'6" or a 7'9". I have both and they both get used.

Oh yeah, you should get some more rods. All those small streams are calling out for a lightweight rod. Maybe a 2-3wt? Then for summer dries you'll need a 4wt. Big streamers call for a 6wt. Looks like you HAVE to get at least three more rods. No wait, I forgot about those Colorado reservoirs filled with 6-8 lb wipers and other huge warmwater fish. You'll want an 8wt for those.:rolleyes:
I don't really like carrying multiple rods while wading, but last time having a streamer rod along paid off.

GAT

Dumbfounded
Now let me get this straight... you come to a flyfishing forum chuck full of flyfishing fanatics that buy flyfishing gear like women buy shoes and ask if you should get another rod??? :eek:

Do you honestly believe any of these guys would say no?