Lost my license...

Will my catch record card work as a record of having bought one? You kind of need to have a license to get a catch card right? Or do I just need to go buy a replacement.

Just wondering. I checked the WDFW website and didn't really find anything useful.



Active Member
Go to where you bought it(or if through the mail call WDFW) and they can print you out another for a marginal fee I can imagine. I have done it in other states.

Greg Armstrong

I had my wallet stolen a number of years ago, along with my license. It was an easy process to just go to my local sporting goods store (Shoffs - for all you historians) and get a duplicate made. That was way before things were computerized. I'm guessing it shouldn't be too difficult to get it replaced. Good luck.
Jason, you need to replace the actual license and it can be done anywhere they sell licenses. You always need a copy of your license on you, not in your car or laying at home on the desk.


The wanted posters say Tim Hartman
Copy/paste from the WDFW website (remember that a dealer fee is also added):
License $9.70
Transport Tag $8.20
Catch Record Cards $12.10


The wanted posters say Tim Hartman
Our fishing seasons/regulations run from May 1 to April 30.

Licenses are valid April 1 to March 31.

Back when the licenses were just issued for the calendar year, folks would have to purchase their licenses before the actual seasons and regulations were determined. As a former marina operator and license issuer, I remember all too well the bitchin' when folks who'd already shelled out good money for their licenses found out their favorite fisheries were reduced or closed altogether. The state finally got wise and made the license period more closely match the regulation period.