Swap Beetle-Mania Swap

kelvin

Wow, Kelvin, those are unbelievable! I sort of feel guilty being in this swap, I can't hang with you folks, my flies are so janky. I'm gonna spend some time practicing my pattern today, though.
Thank you
and dude they are just foam and estaz
the only reason I got in this swap is I want Larry's autograph

Since Kelvin tied up a semi-ridiculous beetle pattern, I figured I would too.

My favorite beetle as a kid
uploadfromtaptalk1367306474917.jpg

And my attempt to recreate it with foam, rubber, and pearl chenille
uploadfromtaptalk1367306573651.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1367306599023.jpg

My swap flies are nearly done as well.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G

dryflylarry

"Chasing Riseforms"
Got dfl's beetles in the mail yesterday. Very nice! I will have to make up some "toe tags" for them
as dfl forgot! :D But his are done and mine are not! I think we are all going to have a nice assortment of beetles!! :) Question for dfl: Is there a "name" for your beetle?

zen leecher aka bill w

born to work, forced to fish
I will tie mine up shortly as I'm about done with the garage wiring project. I have a request in for an inspection on Friday. Next week should be "beetle time" and it will let me figure out what pattern to do.

Well, I managed to get a dozen beetles tied. Honestly, they are really pretty damn ugly flies. I'm way out of my league with these things and I briefly considered dropping out of the swap. I probably should have stuck with some plain and simple foam beetle, but I wanted to try something different and challenge myself. The upside I suppose, is that I'm pretty sure they will still catch fish and I guess that's what matters in the end. I'll try to get them in the mail tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else came up with, not to mention getting these things wet this summer.