Lenore Poachers Get Theirs

so they think one of the poachers might have drowned? Tough shit. I wonder why they weren't cited for felony eluding?
Eh, it would have just been misdemeanor eluding. Felony is only if driving, and putting officers or others in danger. Not that maybe that cops couldn't have come up with something for the guy trying to flee in the truck.

Yup. The counties say they don't have the money to keep any but the most violent criminals in jail. So there's no doubt they let them out ... which makes the guy who most likely died trying to escape from the police really stupid.
A little further into the story it said they found him 10 miles away. 2005 Tundra is a nice truck. Police auction?

Thomas Williams

Habitual Line Stepper
Thank you Leland for sharing that. I hope they get a harsh sentence and im glad they seized the vehicle. That had to hurt one of those guys bank pretty good. Sad really though how someone would steal trout. I dont know what you would do with all those fish but its shameful. We need game wardens and police officers doing this much much more. Especially at the protected fisheries.

I thought there was something like a thousand dollar fine....... per fish. That would hurt. I wonder why they don't put up surveillance on the stream. They have night vision trail cams that would work. At least you could establish patterns with the poachers and nail more of them.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
They should make them eat all those shitty tasteing fish right before they Waterboard them to find out who they are selling these fish to. People who are involved in this large scale poaching have a market outlet somewhere for that many fish.

E

Evan Virnoche

Seize there houses that where they stored all the illegal gear. I hope they get there fudge packed tightly in jail by a sic Nate type

Cruik

I remember talking with a couple prosecutors about WDFW cases. They told me that a lot of times the wardens would put a ton of time into their arrests and their reports would be long and meticulous, unlike a lot of police reports. I kind of got the feeling, though, that time and resources were too precious for the county to really nail 'em and make a statement. Even though the WDFW officers would really try to push the DA to go after the cases, the reality, I think, is that that the deterrent effect and the net benefit to the community isn't seen to justify the time and resources required to prove a poaching case.

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
Eh, it would have just been misdemeanor eluding. Felony is only if driving, and putting officers or others in danger. Not that maybe that cops couldn't have come up with something for the guy trying to flee in the truck.
thanks, Rob; politicians at work here, no doubt.:mad: Trying to get away is "eluding" in my book; doesn't matter if they're behind the wheel or on foot, bicycle, train or ATV. Different levels my ass!