'Other' Fish Art

plaegreid

Saved by the buoyancy of citrus
It seems to me that a lot of fish/angling art is very much designed to look very much like the things it is trying to represent. I'm not good enough to do that, so my art usually looks kind of like the fish it is emulating. No biologist is going to look at my work and say, 'Ah, yes, a fine example of a male from the genus Oncorhynchus Keta in full spawning regalia, most likely from the North Puget Sound blah blah blah." They might go, 'Huh, that looks like a Chum.' And I'm ok with that. In celebration of those of us who like to put fish on paper without being constrained by what those fish actually look like, here are some pictures.

This one could be a smallie, or whatever. Use your imagination!
smallie_by_phishmonger-d4pbsbi.jpg

plaegreid

This one is a squid! Need to learn how to fly-fish for those tasty little market squid. Bet that would garner a few odd looks!
Quick_Squid_by_Phishmonger.jpg

plaegreid

Here are some things that fish eat, thus making them related to fishing, at least in my mind. These were rather fun to do.
Squid: squed.jpg
Octopus: doctorpuss.jpg

GAT

Dumbfounded
You may as well go ahead. We started off with a number of folks posting artwork but it has declined and some is much better than none.