UMF Snoqualmie yesterday

Kent Lufkin

Remember when you could remember everything?
It's been 5 years since the USFS installed the gate at Dingford Creek to block motorized access to the old road running along the Upper Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie. Discussion on another thread prompted me to drive up there yesterday and hike not quite 4 miles past the gate up the unmaintained road that still allows the owners and caretakers to access Goldmeyer Hot Springs.

The enormous volume of water thundering down the cataract beneath the bridge across Dingford Creek just beyond the gate is an impressive reminder that snowmelt is fully under way. The braids section of the UMF is running clear but way high and quite cold. (I pumped a Nalgene bottle of water where I turned back and the water was so cold that the outside of the bottle was quickly covered in condensation.)

It'll be at least another couple months before the flows drop enough to make it worthwhile for me to go back with a lightweight rod and spend a day targeting those little cutties. I can't wait!

K

Cruik

Cool pictures, I don't think I've ever been up there in heavy flows. I love that area, although by the time I get to Dingford, I look at my watch and think "Hell, I could have made it to the upper yak in the same amount of time."

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Been up that road to the end. Crossed the MF and continued up the mountain on the other side. Went up there rock/mineral hunting with my ex son in law.