Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Just got back from Duvall

42K views 538 replies 42 participants last post by  Olive bugger 
#1 ·
Snoqualmie is running high and dirty as sin. NO surprise there.

May be fishable by week end, but I donno.

#292 ·
I am happy to report that power has been restored to Outer Duvall. I know many of you have been worried sick about it since this morning.

TC

#297 ·
Dick, I feel your pain. We went 9 days back in the big storm of 2006,
and no generator. Even without, it made no difference, because then the gas stations were all without power also. My neighbors were quiet for lack of fuel. I did breakdown and after forty years, buy a nice quiet generator.

It did make for some interesting meals though.
Brings out the pioneer spirit.

I could not get to DUVALL over the week end. A log jam in the highway did not allow it. I will go today to get my fix.

#298 ·
My wife and I made a detour through Duvall on our way to Bridal Veil Falls yesterday afternoon. All I have to say is that the place looks quite a bit different.

#300 ·
Some poor soul lost his car to a falling tree on HWY 203 near Monroe.

I heard that he was injured so I would guess that the vehicle was also.

Saturday was a zoo on the roadway. I didn't get to DUVALL so I do not know how the river was running. The charts say it was rising. So is the sky.

#301 ·
Some poor soul lost his car to a falling tree on HWY 203 near Monroe.

I heard that he was injured so I would guess that the vehicle was also.

Saturday was a zoo on the roadway. I didn't get to DUVALL so I do not know how the river was running. The charts say it was rising. So is the sky.
The Sky didn't look bad when I saw it yesterday. This was especially the case above the high bridge. Since I was driving (I didn't fish), I only viewed the river from Highway 2.

#308 ·
Duvall? I think that maybe I went thru there once or twice back in the mid-60's, but I can't remember. I can't recall even one detail about the place. I guess 16 pages of postings verifies that such a place actually exists, and is not just a hazy void in my memory banks. Dang!:confused:

#310 ·
Is this an example of a than what/then what interpretation issue? Best part about it is the NSA is probably digging this earwax, licking and sniffing it, rolling it between their somewhat opposable thumb and forefingers trying to decipher what the last 15 pages mean, good luck NSA hacks, good luck, in Duvall the foil lined seahawk toques are in effect, ain't nothing secret coming or going, lips are sealed...

#321 ·
I miss driving on those back roads. I prefer to drive back road's to driving down freeways. I once drove from Ellensburg to exit 38 on I-90 by driving the back roads. I did have to touch the freeway every once in a awhile. But for the most part it was dirt and gravel. But I had the help of a good map. But you can only drive that way in the summer time. In the winter it's all covered with about 6' of snow.

#311 ·
Wadin 'boot',
You would be correct - a grammatical mis-interpretation is what has happened...

Andrew,
The word was "than" what, not "then" what.... Although the ride we all got to take along with you and your wife was of some value.

You had said "... All I had to say was that the place looks quite a bit different".
... so I asked you "than what?"

The NSA has their work cut out for them.

#317 ·
Wadin 'boot',
You would be correct - a grammatical mis-interpretation is what has happened...

Andrew,
The word was "than" what, not "then" what.... Although the ride we all got to take along with you and your wife was of some value.

You had said "... All I had to say was that the place looks quite a bit different".
... so I asked you "than what?"

The NSA has their work cut out for them.
Well…I guess that's what I get for only glancing at your question before responding. To answer your question, the stretch of Highway 203, in between NE 124th ST. and NE Woodinville Duvall Rd., has definitely experienced a lot of development in recent years (new houses, apartments, etc.). This was definitely the case in the area where the Safe Way is located. It use to seem like one could drive along this stretch for quite some distance and only see the random farm house. Otherwise, the north end of Duvall seems more, for lack of a better term, cute.

#316 ·
Stillwater is....well...just that. Still with water in the back yard.

It has no museum akin to the Louvre, not even an airport. Unless you consider field on the other side of the water part of Stillwater.

I can attest to the fact, that on cold, dark, winter nights, when the power goes out and snow and ice collect on the roadway of HWY 203,
Stillwater is very Still and the water is hard and cold to the touch.

I would not classify it with DUVALL, even if the Chevron Station is the
Las Vegas of Washington.

#320 ·
My bi-weekly trip to DUVALL took me to the hardware store. I found that Christmas decorations are already festooning the interior of the mercantile. I was dismayed. I have not even had occasion to enjoy my annual feast of turkey breast, cranberry sauce, stuffing and other agents of gluttony. Not to mention the football and sofa nap that usually accompanies it. However, my complaint to the clerk went unnoticed.

When I was gainfully employed (pre retired) I usually fished the day after Thanksgiving. Now, I leave it to the working class. Monday after comes soon enough.

#337 ·
Hognose Snake? Bull Snake?

The hognose snake is a type of colubrid snake characterized by an upturned snout. They are notorious for playing dead when threatened. The hognose snakes consist of three distantly related genera that are artificially grouped together by the "hognose" common name.

The bullsnake (Pituophis catenifer sayi) is a large nonvenomous colubrid snake endemic to the central United States, northern Mexico, and southwestern Canada. It is currently considered a subspecies of the gopher snake

Sorry for the Wiki references but sometimes it is just too easy to resist using.

TC

#344 ·
That does not seem like a good situation, Evan.

Have a cousin in Missouri that had a copperhead try the same
thing with him. He didn't like it. My cousin, not the snake.
I doubt that the snake got a thrill out of it either, because he
dispatched it to another world.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.