Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

What's better than the Hawks 4-1 start?

NFR 
1K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  bennysbuddy 
#1 ·
The Denver Broncos being 5-0.....:) while their defense appeared to be on temporary leave until the last few minutes of the game, we still remain victorious and undefeated.

#8 ·
I missed most of the game but three plays I did see were first the "Hawks much ballyhooed secondary giving up a 73 yard touchdown strike, then I looked in a few minutes later only to see a blocked kick and the Colts running the ball in for a score. Then I checked in just before the half to see the Colts backed up against their own endzone with a 3rd and 22 only to get an offsides penalty and an interference call on a pass that went over the receivers head in low earth orbit. I didn't see what happened after that but apparently the Colts scored on that possesion. I felt like I was on a Mobious loop of disasters every time I tuned in.

So it seems like they dummied their way into that loss and their vaunted defense could use some Aquaseal. Don't sugar coat it.

Ive

#12 ·
The Denver Broncos being 5-0.....:) while their defense appeared to be on temporary leave until the last few minutes of the game, we still remain victorious and undefeated.
Holy cow! I thought I was watching an Arena football game! Sheesh!

I'm not a Denver fan (or hater for that matter), but I love watching good QB's play.

#13 ·
You have to get into the playoffs before you can choke in the playoffs. Manning has been in 20 playoff games in his career and lost 11 of them. Not a stellar record but at least he got that far. The Seahawks have been in 21 playoff games in their entire history and lost 12 of them. Did they choke?

#16 ·
I seem to remember Seahawks officials sitting inside a plane in Denver pleading with Peyton to come and talk to them. :)

I'm quite sure that in his day Babe Ruth had his cadre of haters too.

You really shouldn't let your "homerisms" keep you from watching what is probably the best QB of all time. He's only going to be here for a short time yet before he retires. Everything he's learned in his career is now on display as he's playing the best ball of his life. Enjoy it while it's here so you can tell your great grandchildren that "Yes! I actually watched him play."

The QB always gets the rap for when his team mates fail just as he gets the credit for when they don't.
As for the playoffs, let's not forget that he has nine wins - the same as the entire Seattle franchise, and a Super Bowl win under his belt.

Jerry Jones said he didn't pursue Manning because he had Romo.
Yesterday Romo played the game of his life - and lost.
Denver spotted them 14 quick points - and won.

Hate him all you want, but he has single-handedly changed the way the game has been played for the last decade or more...

#19 ·
I don't understand the haters. Their heads are so full of so much negative bullshit so much of the time that it impairs their quality of life. What a waste of valuable time.

A lot of people seem to also hate Tom Brady for no apparent reason. His crime has been to have been born good looking, intelligent and highly skilled. He is married to a supermodel, has a family and seems to lead a fairly normal and respectable life. And appears to be the most successful playoff quarterback of all time. Unlike many of the media headline hogs he hasn't been tested positive for drugs, busted for DWI, hasn't raped or abused women or wrecked any expensive sports cars or been involved in any early morning bar fights. The things that make ESPN the sleazy disgusting gossip rag that it is.

So let's hate the guy for being the All American Boy that we have been taught since childhood was the ideal. Go figure.

Ive

#20 ·
Peyton Manning is no doubt an amazing quarter back. Best of all time? I really do not think so. Anyone who thinks so are probably on the side of the fence with the people who think Lebron James is better than Michael Jordan. In the end it comes down to superbowl rings and championships. Those numbers speak for themselves.

#23 ·
Peyton Manning is no doubt an amazing quarter back. Best of all time? I really do not think so. Anyone who thinks so are probably on the side of the fence with the people who think Lebron James is better than Michael Jordan. In the end it comes down to superbowl rings and championships. Those numbers speak for themselves.
I absolutely hate these kind of statements, I'm sorry. It takes 22 men to win a football game, let alone a championship. On your logic, Jim Kelly is just "average or slightly better". The man lead his team to four straight Super Bowls, and the team lost all four. The first one, on a missed "chipshot" field goal, as time expired. Which Jim Kelly lead them down the field with seconds remaining. He did his part.

Thus, any athlete on a team sport, shouldn't be measured by championship rings. Just look at Barry Sanders...

I'm sorry, that kind of statement should be left for golf, tennis, and other individual sports.

#22 ·
Best all time at anything is always just a subjective label. Other than Gretzky, there really isn't a way to label anyone in any sport.

Broncos look good and Seahawks are now fun to watch..... Iff'n I actually wanted to sit around on a weekend day and watch a bunch of overpaid athletes dance like idiots after every play.... I'm a huge sports fan but there are almost always better things to do in life than sit around and watch a bunch of people who really don't give a shit about anything other than the name on the back of their jersey.

G
#26 ·
I love the seahawks , while most of you were watching the game I was down at the ivy hole on the lower stilly fighting it out with some silver salmon, keep watching those games I'm enjoying the solitude of sundays !!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.