Would you rather...

Would you rather....

• Total voters
Just got done with our "Sundaes on Sunday" family time. We have our ice cream, then play a game as a family.

Tonight's game was 'Would you rather'. Some of those questions are hilarious! All four of my kids got so wound up, that bedtime was a complete joke. :eek: :D

But it got me thinking... Would I rather get skunked, or lose the fish of a lifetime at my feet?

tinman207

I would say lose the fish, though I have lost a few that were pretty heart breaking and haunted me.....almost would felt better to be skunked. But in the end, its always better to have had one on.

GAT

Dumbfounded
Who on earth would rather getting skunked instead of losing a state record fish?

That there is a no-brainer. It isn't even close. Getting skunked is never, ever a preferred option.... assuming no one dies in the other option.

I would say lose the fish, though I have lost a few that were pretty heart breaking and haunted me.....almost would felt better to be skunked. But in the end, its always better to have had one on.
I feel your pain but at least you got to see it first. A skunk gives you nothing to remember but an off day on the water ;), I will take a lost fish over a skunk every time.

I voted for getting skunked. I hooked and landed a state record many years ago in Colorado. In my now advanced age, hooking another one and loosing it would probably give me a heart attack.

Interesting replies, with just as interesting reasons...

Sometimes I go back and forth, but ultimately would rather get skunked. I guess it's the competitor in me. I'm sure many here would consider themselves competitive, but that's the beauty of what makes us so different.

I've been in 9 championship games in 3 different sports in my life, and lost all 9. Six of them by less than one score, at the "buzzer" and /or with time running out, 2 of those, because I missed the buzzer shot, and 1 because I picked off the ball as time expired, ran 37 yrds...and taken out at the 1 and a half yard line. I'm still haunted by the "what if".

There's no consolation for me, for making it to the final game. Maybe if I had won just one of those, my feeling about losing a state record would be different...

Losing sucks! :rolleyes: