Pattern "Spruce" Type flies

Yes. That's the one. I noticed that I tend to tie them with the wing a little too long and it get fouled on the hook sometimes. Yours look perfect.
I like your Spruce. It is a very nice tie. I think that is the way a true Spruce should be tied - very artistic and flamboyant. The splayed wings add so much.
In the patterns I have shown here, I tried to "tone" down the pattern a bit and get closer to imitating small baitfish and sculpins. Well, almost.
Best.
Jack

Tacoma Red

The long wing creates an irresistable pulsating effect when stripping across current flows. A reverse spider spruce is even more SRC compulsive.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
I like the looks of that Spider Spruce. I'll have to attempt tying some Reversed Spider Spruces. Maybe some Reversed "Purple Joes" since a purple Reversed Spider is reputed to be an effective version for SW WA coastal streams and tidal creeks. I don't know why I haven't ever tied any in purple yet, except that I already have too many flies on my "gotta tie some up" list. A Reversed Purple Joe would eliminate two from the list, with only one tie.
The last Spruce in my box has been ravaged and only has one wing left, so its time take it out back and shoot it, and then try for some reincarnation.

I like the looks of that Spider Spruce. I'll have to attempt tying some Reversed Spider Spruces. Maybe some Reversed "Purple Joes" since a purple Reversed Spider is reputed to be an effective version for SW WA coastal streams and tidal creeks. I don't know why I haven't ever tied any in purple yet, except that I already have too many flies on my "gotta tie some up" list. A Reversed Purple Joe would eliminate two from the list, with only one tie.
The last Spruce in my box has been ravaged and only has one wing left, so its time take it out back and shoot it, and then try for some reincarnation.

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415
Over time I have come to believe there is a considerable amount of trout mojo in peacock sword tails as on the photo of the original inspiration.

TC