DIY Stripping Basket

Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor/dbfly
They aren't just an accessory. If you fish the beach as often as some, they become a necessity, especially if the water is gunked up with seaweed and driftwood or if there is moderate wave action.
Steve always I am the the most cheapest about buying anything or spending hours to to make something that I spend only a seasonal amount of time on to sit in the back of the closet for 85% of the time. I did not say a basket does not have purpose just a basket of any kind works.

Steve always I am the the most cheapest about buying anything or spending hours to to make something that I spend only a seasonal amount of time on to sit in the back of the closet for 85% of the time. I did not say a basket does not have purpose just a basket of any kind works.
The posts make a huge difference if your casting long enough to have a bunch of running line in your basket..... maybe thats not a problem you have.

Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor/dbfly
I always cut 40 to 50 ft off all my fly lines to insure I can cast into the backing so i never have too much in my basket most of the time the fish are only 15 ft away