Swap Mini Marathon Trout swap (2014)

Planned to mail mine today, but discovered I have to go to the Apple Store @ the Tacoma Mall tomorrow, so I'll drop these off too. You must think I have some phobia about going to the Post Office....

So Nick, April's pattern is a terrestrial/large dry and my question to you, our honorable swapmiester, is: What do you consider to be a large dry? I'm thinking of the always (or usually, anyway....) reliable Royal Wulff and want to tie them in a size that will fit the criteria.....

Teenage Entomologist

Gotta love the pteronarcys.
Man, a #4 Royal Wulff sounds awesome, but just what does it replicate? Maybe a water strider, who knows. My dry fly box is plum full, so I'm going to need to buy another fly box!

riseform

So Nick, April's pattern is a terrestrial/large dry and my question to you, our honorable swapmiester, is: What do you consider to be a large dry? I'm thinking of the always (or usually, anyway....) reliable Royal Wulff and want to tie them in a size that will fit the criteria.....
In my mind, the March swap was typical mayfly, caddis and midge dries or emergers and April would be terrestrials, stoneflies, Oct caddis, etc. I feared terrestrials might be to limiting and didn't want us all exchanging purple chubby patterns (not that they don't work). A Royal Wulff in any size will be just fine, thank you.

Still haven't heard from TD, who has tied some excellent flies in this swap. I will give it one more day, but if I don't receive them by tomorrow or hear that they are in transit I will send everyone their flies on Wednesday.