Black makes a fine Christmas color

c1eddy

Nick, I've learned not to pass up your posts...especially when I find myself saying, "Huh..?', after reading the heading. This was a great story. It was well played at both ends, and will no doubt inspire more than a couple of us to wet a line in the coming days. Congratulations on landing a King in the salt...so cool!
Yep...good things can happen when our line is on the water...and they're made all the sweeter if our wives think we're at work :)

Bagman

When I saw this thread I though it was about tying up some winter flys in black. Which I was hopping to see what Nick had found that was working for him. As always I enjoyed reading Nicks posts. It must have been a real joy to see a 5 to 6 lb Black mouth coming in on the end of your line? Good read as always. Thank You.

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
I've been tempted a couple of times to swipe one of Nick's visor flies, now I know to keep my hands off. Hey Nick, you still haven't told me how the sculpin fishing was.

Jeff Dodd

Man Nick, that was a great report and awesome day on the water. Those impromptu trips can turn out to be memory makers!

Great job finding and landing a blackmouth from the beach.

Good to hear you're feeling better.
Jeff

I've been tempted a couple of times to swipe one of Nick's visor flies, now I know to keep my hands off. Hey Nick, you still haven't told me how the sculpin fishing was.
Man, my bad... I been so busy I didn't see this. Unfortunately the sculpin were nowhere to be found for me that day. I did, however, manage a small flounder when I let my clouser sit while I was undoing a tangle.