Rotary vise

Tracker

Seeking recommendations for an entry level rotary vise in the mid price range. I'm giving my starter vise to a friend and moving up a bit. $150 or cheaper. I don't tie enough to justify a top of the line wallet buster.

ScottP

I've been using a Renzetti Traveler for almost 20 years; bulletproof, the last vise I'll ever need. I've seen them go for anywhere between $160-199.

Regards,
Scott

ps - if you can, visit a shop and test drive some vises; one man's meat and all that

Jay C

I have a Peak vise, which I love. But have not tried any others. But at the Lynnwood fly show, there was more than one professional tier using a Peak. And they are right around $150.00.

Rob Ast

I have a Peak I've been using for a while without complaints. I've had a Renzetti which I broke the jaw on after less than 1 week (since sold). I have an HMH spartan that is a great vise, but non rotary. You wont go wrong with HMH or peak. The HMH might have slightly better jaws, but you give up the true rotary function.

Seeking recommendations for an entry level rotary vise in the mid price range. I'm giving my starter vise to a friend and moving up a bit. $150 or cheaper. I don't tie enough to justify a top of the line wallet buster.
Mark a Danvise is imo the best way to go. Look also for the extension arm. It is a must to have for this vise. The standard arm is a bit too short.

Mike
danvise_ext.jpg

Tracker

Thanks. Yes, I read about the arm issue and the need for the extension on my research for this particular vise.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2