I'm ready!

Bagman

Well these guys stayed dry today. The good thing was we figured out the problem fairly fast and had a nice safe and easy cruse back to the dock.
image.jpg

Well these guys stayed dry today. The good thing was we figured out the problem fairly fast and had a nice safe and easy cruse back to the dock. View attachment 41523

luckily for me you were there to help diagnose the problem! I guarantee I would not have figured that out so quickly. Plus it was nice having good company for the slow trip back.

I ended up having to order a new prop and hub kit from West marine and have it overnighted to me so i should have it fixed tomorrow sometime so your next
free day we cab try again. I owe you a real fishing trip!

Many thanks for the help today. I was quite glad to have you along

Bagman

No problem Nick it was a nice morning and a nice ride back. I just look at it this way. We could have had that problem in the middle of the shipping lane setting in tanker crosshairs. As far as the next trip out fishing I'm ready most any time. Give me a ring when your ready to hit it again.

Tacoma Red

I agree. I'd enjoy seeing a pic of that fly.

Called the Cape Cod Sand Eel. Tie it all white and as large and full as the flies you've posted. I don't have any since I haven't fly fished for lings in a long time but it was a pattern that Les Johnson told me about when he worked at Swallow's Nest. I have used it and it can be very effective.

http://www.saltwaterflies.com/capecodsandeel_pat.html

Best of Luck,
Ted