New Rio Fly Line

Went up SF Snoq. to Smoke Jumpers and tried a few casts with the new RIO GOLD FLYLINE SB line, the one touted on sale in this forum a few months back. Felt okay, but not as responsive as my old SA line. Maybe a larger fly, or maybe just more getting used to it. A few folks said they were also getting it, curious as to what they think. BTW-river really flowing so fishing was really a bit optimistic.

ceviche

I recently went with the RIO Grand floating line for my 6wt. It's a heavier than standard line with more weight towards the tip, to help quickly load a faster action rod with less line out. I found that very helpful for casting along the Deschutes in Bend--a river much narrower than the Yakima in the Canyon below Ellensburg.

--Dave

E

Evan Virnoche

i didnt know they made lines without a running line looped to a skagit head. i will have to check this out

JesseC

Went up SF Snoq. to Smoke Jumpers and tried a few casts with the new RIO GOLD FLYLINE SB line, the one touted on sale in this forum a few months back. Felt okay, but not as responsive as my old SA line. Maybe a larger fly, or maybe just more getting used to it. A few folks said they were also getting it, curious as to what they think. BTW-river really flowing so fishing was really a bit optimistic.

they're a line and a half heavier than a competitor's same line weight. It probably feels like you were throwing a limp spaghetti right?

I like mine, not as crispy, but relaxing to toss around