FS Sage ONE 690-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itchy Dog

Some call me Kirk Werner
Used once, so as you would expect the rod is in new condition. Rod tube has a couple scuffs from being in the back of my truck. Includes blank warranty card. No trades, unless you have a Z-Axis 490-4 in excellent condition, then we can talk. $485 (firm) includes shipping to con US. SageONE_1.JPG SageONE_2.JPG

Itchy Dog

Some call me Kirk Werner
Large Albacore, you are correct—I do have a 490 Z-Axis, and I love it so much I think I should have a back-up in case someone with an oversized wading boot someday steps on it. I am not attached to any of my rods but that one. I also have a 690 Z-Axis.

Frenchie, I've never cast the 3wt. That's a weight I don't use much—I have a Circa in that weight and like the slower action, but it sees comparatively little action. Don't try to talk me into something I don't need ;)

Porter

Itchy, I think you might have a problem. I'm not sure but I don't know of any person who needs two, or more of the same exact rod. Maybe if you guide a lot but other than that......... You are a tad warped of the mind, eh? :p

Curious what line you throw on that 6 weight 'One' ?

Itchy Dog

Some call me Kirk Werner
Itchy, I think you might have a problem. I'm not sure but I don't know of any person who needs two, or more of the same exact rod. Maybe if you guide a lot but other than that......... You are a tad warped of the mind, eh? :p

Curious what line you throw on that 6 weight 'One' ?

...said the pot as it called the kettle black!

I may have issues. I can't remember for sure what line is on my 6wt reel (I only have one reel for all my 6 weights). Pretty sure it's an Airflo Ridge.

I have a 690-4 One and love the Rio Coldwater Outbound Short lines (WF6F and WF6I). I also recently strung it up with the Airflo nymphing line and that casts great as well.

Dan Nelson

Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum
I.Dog, you will love the new Sage Access Accel. I received the 8'6" 4-wt yesterday and I am already in love. The action feels a LOT like the Z-axis with a little better casting range and accuracy. I am thinking of ditching one of the ONEs as well now.

Itchy Dog

Some call me Kirk Werner
I.Dog, you will love the new Sage Access. I received the 8'6" 4-wt yesterday and I am already in love. The action feels a LOT like the Z-axis with a little better casting range and accuracy. I am thinking of ditching one of the ONEs as well now.
Dan, I don't want to like a brand new rod--they cost more that old rods :)
Can't find any info anywhere about the Sage Access...did you get an advanced preview model?

Dan Nelson

Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum
Dan, as a thankful recipient of past "lightly used but loved" gear, may I suggest a new home for a One? :) Kirk won't gimme his...
Derek, I'll put you at the top of the list if I decide to move a ONE – I do have an abundance of 5 weights but I might have to keep that stick solely to fight the upper Canyon winds!

Dan, I don't want to like a brand new rod--they cost more that old rods :)
Can't find any info anywhere about the Sage Access Accel...did you get an advanced preview model?

Kirk, sorry about that. The test rod I have is the Accel not Access —my typing speed exceeds my mental speed sometimes. The Accel goes on sale sometime in Aug. at a mere $595. http://www.pitchengine.com/pitches/5daeb0cc-ebd3-439e-923f-7aa9fd18d4e3

Sage  002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.