WTB Drag free 2/3wt reel

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyZ

Putting the call out for anyone willing to part with a drag free reel in the 2/3 wt range. I want to rid myself of the click click on my back yard rod I use on the creek out back. Thanks in advance.

How about a Revelation SPYDER 3/4 fly reel. It is in mint shape. Comes with backing. $60.00 shipped.

Item Name:
Revelation Spyder PB Fly Reels
Item #:
Rev01

$199.00

Manufacturer
Revelation

The Spyder PB fly reels are unique and beautiful. It was designed by an artist and was perfected by engineer / machinist Arron He. It is truely a specimen to marvel at. The palm braking system is convenient and can be used for trout, bass, or other species you wish to challenge. The T-6 aluminum body and spool is very lightweight and very advanced yet keeping the fun in fishing and allowing a fisherman to truely be in control of their game. The new series of unique reels from Revelation includes this reel in 2 sizes and colors, as well as a unique split neck spinning reel and a free spool baitcast reel to be released in late 2008.

Features:
* T-6 aluminum spool and body
* 2 ball bearing for added smoothness
* Deep anodized for saltwater use and life preservation
* Beautiful CNC machine cut with unique design for ultimate control
* Tiny intricate microdesign ultraflyweight with maximum power
* Palm brake / thumbing brake system for ultimate control and adventure

TonyZ

That sounds like a very nice reel and a great price. Do you by chance have a pic, my google machine isn't turning up anything. I may get it for another one of my rods, but I truly would like something smaller in diameter

Richard E

Of the two examples provided by other:

• The Loop reel has a drag system (the tensioner on the three rollers. Adjust the tensioner, and the drag adjusts.
  • "Click pawl" is part of the drag system. I have probably 10 different reels with that system.

If there is resistance on the line-outgo, it has a drag system.

Still wondering the initial poster means by "no drag" reel...

shotgunner

Anywhere ~ Anytime
If there is resistance on the line-outgo, it has a drag system.
Denny; the word "tensioner" is correct nomenclature. A feature that is not ingrained and doesn't need to be in play to function. User choice. That said, as a rule I normally put light tension on the spool.

"Dragless" to me brings up the image of a fresh hooked fish allowed to run full steam drawing line from a stripping basket.

Putting the call out for anyone willing to part with a drag free reel in the 2/3 wt range. I want to rid myself of the click click on my back yard rod I use on the creek out back. Thanks in advance.
I have a Lamson LP1 Light with extra spool I would consider selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.