Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

A day on the water

756 views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Porter 
#1 ·
Getting loaded up:

We got some rain Saturday and noticed the flows had spiked. When we got to the river there was a plug of mud coming in from one of the tribs.

The guilty culprit

So we decided to get above it and found clear water

We caught some fish. Nymph bite was ok, streamer bite was pretty good.

This one had a busted rudder

Then we got drilled by a thunder/hail storm.

But all in all, pretty good day (and weekend) on the water. Is it next weekend yet?

See less See more
#2 ·
"Is it next weekend yet?" No crap, man. I'm already feeling that and it isn't even Monday yet. It's going to be a long work week, and with my next two weekends booked solid with graduations and weddings, there's no respite in sight. At least I got out a little yesterday.

#5 ·
Missoula got nailed with hail and rain this afternoon, pretty intense for 15 min. Since its the weekend I did a little painting. This is my first full year of retirement, I've only been out 38 times. Not sure I'll fish much more than I have in the past. Nice photos.

#4 ·
That brown with the otter bite, or whatever, in it's tail has some awesome spottage, btw.

#6 ·
Nice report! I headed up Hyalite this evening as all the drunken slobs were on their way out. It was still tough to find an open stretch of water. The water was high and scary, but clear. I ended up with 6 cutties and a brookie in the 90 minutes before the thunderstorm hit. Got to test out my new 9' 3wt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.