A lot of shad over Bonneville

how do you like your allen reel? mike w
Considering my paycheck comes from said company, my opinion is exceptionally biased :cool:

Just curious, how does smoked shad tastes? Comparable to any other types of fish you've smoked in the past?
We actually smoke them with mesquite at around 120f for about an hour, then can them with sriracha hot sauce, dried chilis, salt, and oil. The result is absolutely fantastic and diverse. Never had them any way but canned, so it's hard to say for sure what their flavor is. I just didn't feel like dealing with the bones with other methods.

how deep are these things. could they be had with a bobber like drift? if so then sling it upstream and let it drift by and nail them. are they close to shore? am ready to catch some shad. mike w

how deep are these things. could they be had with a bobber like drift? if so then sling it upstream and let it drift by and nail them. are they close to shore? am ready to catch some shad. mike w
They're about 4-5' down. And no, the bobber/dead drift thing doesn't really work. Tried it many, many times. Swinging/stripping is much, much more effective.