A rookies log.

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by DanielOcean, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was out of town sailing the south gulf islands for 5 days. Never again will i sail the haro strait and outlyin islandz wothout my rood. Coho everywhere

2. DanielOcean

DanielOcean Steelhead Virgin

I have not been able to participate in all of your immature antics cause I am putting 110% of my energy to finding one of those job things.

3. I thought you got a job like 4 weeks ago?

4. DanielOcean

I did but its one of those shitty jobs that are a means to an end. I just got back into school going for my bachelors in environmental science and want a half decent job with stable hours while I am a full time student for the next four years. I already got one job offer for a god company but I am going to another interview literally right after I get done typing this. I guess you could say I am just trying to find a better outfit. The shit job that I am working right now is just simply not giving us enough.

Zeb Stadler likes this.
  5. CLO

CLO It's not the fly, you suck.

You could always go into steelhead guiding for a career.

6. its normally helpful to land a steelhead first tho before becoming a guide:p

7. DanielOcean

Too many people will want a refund.

Darthmonkey and BASS_TURDS like this.
  8. JS

JS Active Member

What the hell would you know about it, Jesse?! Maybe you ought to learn to nymph a fish up before you start handing out (un)solicited advise.

Chawhee likes this.
  9. JS

JS Active Member

I am embarrassed to have contributed to this ridiculous thread, even if it was to take the piss out of Jesse.

10. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

Haaaaaaaaah!

11. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

I bet you anything there's been a few trout guides that have guided for steelhead without landing one yet!

BASS_TURDS likes this.
  12. I am definetly aware of this. Seems like the word on the street is a lot of the OG steelhead guides don't appreciate the trout guys who are booking clients during peak season on the rivers that they fish year round.

I understand both sides view.
    1. You have your guide license and the right to schedule trips on rivers that fall within the state of Washington and its regulations. However some guides are coming in January and February because its the hot thing to do.

2. You got your OG guides that year round fish these watersheds and make their living/ fish for fun because they love and respect the watershed.

13. DanielOcean

Alright getting set to do a three day run at the Sky this weekend. I have the available time, so I will be on the river zero dark thirty Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I don't give a shit about conditions I am just going to go out there and do my best.

plaegreid likes this.
  14. I may be out friday night

15. By night i mean off by 2 on river by 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.