Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

A tale of this spring...

Tags
a of this
972 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Buzzy 
#1 ·
While not bad as far as wind speed, maybe the wind could change directions just a few more times during the day.
Weather wise, this spring has been a real ass kicker.
SF

Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Pattern

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
We have had our share of a bit more robust windy days and cooler temps (except for the last 2 days.). Last night's thunderstorm was a real light & noise show, including the cloudburst that went with it. Sheets of rain were tripping my motion sensors & the intense lightning & thunder even had my dog on edge - and as a bird dog, he's used to loud booms. It was a very impressive evening. I was amazed that there was but a single very brief power interruption.

#3 ·
Its been the same over here (Vancouver Island). We didn't have lightning last night, but the whole sky across the Strait at Whistler was lit up. It has been one of those years like we used to get when I was a kid. Hoping we don't have a protracted drought this summer. Fish in the streams will be happy, especially the wild cutthroats in those tiny nursery streams.

#6 ·
Don't forget when it blows two directions at once. That's been pretty common for me this spring. Blows one way, gusts the other... what even is that. It's been a frustrating couple of months, with sporadic success in between gusts.

Reactions: Buzzy
#7 ·
Sort of reminds me of my favorite Canadian lake. Has this beautiful marl shoal that drops off steeply from about 6-feet to about 30-feet. It almost never fails that I get to the NE corner with this awesome breeze out of the south. Get anchored up just at the edge of the drop off and get two lines out and the wind changes directions 180 degrees. Sometimes I swear a dozen times a day (feels like a dozen times an hour). Two anchors, two rods - up on the anchors, up on the indicators, on the sticks. SE corner, nice breeze out of the north........... for a minute :)

Maybe @Ian Horning is right, its blowing two directions at once?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.