Access sites on the N/F Stilly

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Old Man, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Did the checking out things today along with a little fishing. First stop was at the access at 127th just out of Trafton. There's been a few changes there. All the area that is left is right where you get access to the river. You can't drive down toward the lower hole and you can't get up stream either and both access are blocked with big cement blocks. Next stop was at C.Post. They have graded the road and it is heavy with dump trucks. Did they open a new gravel pit up there? And the last thing I saw was a Chopper with a water bucket getting water out of the Sauk. This was up stream of Clear Creek Campground. I know that they were not planting the stream and I haven't heard of any fires up that way. And the little fishing that I did was on the S&N/Forks of the Sauk. And it was little fish ing. Most of my favorite places were duds today.

Jim

2. Nailknot

Nailknot Active Member

Jim- a few fires up above Darrington from the storms this week. Where was the heli picking up water?

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Was driving up the hiway from Clear creek CG and I noticed the Heli doing that so I stopped and backed up and by the time I got backed up it was gone.It was just a one time shot at seeing it. I didn't see any smoke where I was going so I thought that it was probably a small fire started by lightening.I guess it was getting water out of one of the remaining pools in the river.

On another note,the forest service was grading the mountain loop hiway from Barlow Pass to the bridge over the N/F Sauk. And they were wetting it down from the water they were pumping out of the S/Fork By the first bridge. They just stick this 3" pipe into the water and suck away. I wonder how many fry they sucked up this way.;(

Jim

4. papafsh

papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Home Page:
    Jim, according to the local news tonight there are several small fires up around the Darrington area. They showed the same Helicopter and bucket you described. Lots of smoke too.
    BTW-I was going over the I5 bridge across the Stili and saw several larger fish jump. Must be some salmon in there, pinks mabye?
    LB

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

The salmon can jump all they want as it don't open for them until the 1st of September. White Chopper with a red bucket?

Jim

6. Creatch'r

Creatch'r Heavies...

what do i know, im just a kid

i saw a school of pinks 2 weeks ago along with a bunch of jumpin steelies by the silvana bridges. there baaaack...

~sean~