Advice For Kauai?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by JQUAN, Jan 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JQUAN

JQUAN Member

Hello everyone,

I hardly ever post, because I'm mainly just absorbing as much fly fishing knowledge as possible. That being said, I've been graced with a trip to Kauai and I'm looking for some advice. What should I bring? Where should I go? Should I get a guide? If so, who should I hire? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

This has been talked up several times in the last 3 years or so. Try using the search here and you'll come up with a lot of decent information. I love Kauai, but not an expert fisher there. I haunt the South side. The most common Bonefish beach you'll find mentioned is Anini on the North end of the island.

Mingo and rory like this.
  3. jd conehead

jd conehead New Member

I had a bonefish guiding service on the island in 2005 and would be happy to talk with you about the Kauai Bonefish experience. you can contact me at deliajeffrey@yahoo.com or if you can stand all the political BS, I post fishing stories on Jeffrey Delia Facebook page. If you send me a note that you want to friend me that works too.

Mike Rhubright and XP like this.
  4. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

Pretty sure Jeffrey is back in Washington now. I went out with him too, maybe 10 years back. I hear folks talk about Rob Arita but don't know him.
    Certainly possible that Jeffrey moved back to the island though. I haven't kept in touch. Bob Triggs would know.