Aire Puma

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Runejl, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Runejl

Runejl Josh

Hey Guys,

Picked up a raft last week with a two man fishing frame and am really excited about towing it around and floating various rivers. Only thing it didnt come with is a trailer.

Floated Two days last weekend, one with a Scadden 3 man pontoon boat and one with the Puma. The Raft was a much more stable fishing platform and held when on anchor (the pontoon boat swung from side to side and catwalked down the run)

Im looking for a way to make a trailer or buy one that somebody is trying to clear out of there garage.

Also looking at ways to add a third seat in back and make some rod holders. Being that the Puma is a little under 12 feet, space is limited and being creative is a must.

Thanks for any advice.

Josh

2. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

I have an NRS Sprite with a two man frame. Two weeks ago we took it and my two man Scadden down the Methow and my brother and I were each trying to pawn off the raft on each other. The Scadden is much easier to row and fish out of than the raft. I like the raft for big white water and it is basically my play boat. It will be more stable on anchor than a pontoon or my drift boat, but I find I don't anchor much, either fishing while we float or stopping and fishing an area by wading. As for a trailer, I have one that came in kit form from a company called Broyhill (Google them) that works really well for my pontoons or raft. If you can find an old boat trailer, you can make a nice trailer-Trout Master has a nice one. For a rear seat check NRS for framing supplies. Rick

3. Trout Master

Trout Master Active Member

Rick, thanks for the plug on my trailer. The broyhill trailers are good. Yes mine is a converted shorelander boat trailer, fit a 14' seadoo jet boat. Added 3" box tubing across the frame and a 3/4" plywood decking covered in epoxy and undercoated on the bottom side. Added a cargo box up front and shes is perfect.

4. shawn k

shawn k Member

An Aire Puma will row like a pig with three guys in it fishing. Unless they are all under 200 lbs.

5. longstick

longstick Member

I Have a utility trailer I converted for an aire puma that I have only used three times. I will send you some pics pm me your email. I paid just over $1000 and was thinking of selling it for $650-700

6. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

I picked up a 5'x12' utility trailer my found on Craigs List a month ago for $500. The only problem with a lot of utility trailers is that they are pretty stiffly sprung and bounce a lot on dirt roads. My broyhill has torsion bars like my drift boat trailer and they work a lot better on rough roads. Rick

7. Trout Master

Trout Master Active Member

Rick, yes my shorelander is rated for 2800 lbs ,so it is a bumpy ride. I will change springs or remove a leaf or 2 someday.