Airflo Ridge Line

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by generic, Apr 13, 2011.

1. generic

generic Active Member

Has anyone had a chance yet to try this new line? I have the original (I think), from a few years back and love it.

I asked at the fly shop, but they were busy closing up...and I'm not sure what he said actually. :hmmm: They were busy trying to wrap up so I didn't want to push the issue.

Seems like all they've done is change the color.

2. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Hell yes. I love every one of the airflo lines and the ones with ridge running/shooting line are fantastic.

3. Mark Moore

Mark Moore Just a Member

+1

4. LBC

LBC nymphing beads with a spey pole.

Im honestly not into the ridge running line. I switched to the airflo miracle braid and have had a decrease in tangles by about 95%. Its a little harder to handle but it shoots better than any running line ive tried yet.

5. CC898

CC898 Member

Hello, I have both Ridge and Sharkskin lines, in sizes 3-9 I like em both a lot, I have found the Ridge line to be slightly easier to cast in the lighter weights, lays out a bit smoother for me, and seems to be better in cold weather. What I really like about the Ridge lines is that they are a bit more durable, don't have to be as carefull about storage and chemicals. Clean it, fish it....thats it

6. generic

generic Active Member

Great info guys thanks!

I was kind of leary at first just. Sometimes when they go to make a line better, they change an already great line to crap. I found that out with Courtland years back with their "Lazer Line".

7. Plecoptera

Plecoptera Active Member

I've changed over all my floaters to this line. As far as I'm concerned they perform flawlessly. What I really like about the airflo lines is that they last a long time. May of the other popular brands only last a season or two at best. I've had one airflo line outlast 3 SA lines that were used on a different setup.

8. Empty Creel

Empty Creel Praying to the rain gods for mercy

I have both the rio core and the airflo ridge line on my spey rigs. The airflo ridge line is superior in every way.

9. Loren Jensen

Loren Jensen Active Member

Thanks for starting this thread. I too am needing to purchase running line. I think I'll now go with Airflo!

Loren

10. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

I find the ridge and the sharkskin lines p/u too much junk and, when they do, their harder to clean. The noise the sharkskin makes is annoying. I'll stick with what I grew up with... Cortland and SA.

11. colton rogers

colton rogers wishin' i was fishin'

airflo does last a long time because it isn't pvc coated so it doesn't leach out its lubricants and dry up and crack