Alaska Trip in June

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by Rick Billings, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Rick Billings

Rick Billings New Member

Hi All,

I promised I would post some pics of my first Alaska trip last May. Have been very busy but now have some time to post. I had a great time and caught more trout than I ever thought possible. Released them all! :thumb: Can someone let me now how I can post the pictures?

Thanks,
    Rick

2. ibn

ibn Moderator

Home Page:
    Rick- I just put together a quick guide on how to include attachment pics to your posts. Take a quick look and see if it helps you out...

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/board/showthread.php?t=29053

There are other methods of posting pics from your trip. If you have a lot of pictures you want to post you should add them to the gallery. PM me if you need help figguring that out.

3. Rick Billings

Rick Billings New Member

Thanks IBN, now I can make my report with pictures.

My fishing buddy, Jhan, and I left Seattle on the evening of June 17th and stayed one night in Anchorage. We asked the night clerk to wake us at 5 am, she forgot, so we woke up at 6 am and paid a cab driver $$$ to get us to the airport to catch the 7 am flight to King Salmon. With a start like this I was real worried about our trip, but it was really a great trip from then on out.

We were met at the airport in King Salmon by a distant cousin of my wife's and were fishing within a couple of hours on the Naknak river. (Jhan's fishing gear made to King Salmon but not his clothes for 2 days.) We caught our first rainbow about 5 minutes after our first casts. WOW, it was a real nice fish. We then fished all day, I lost count of the number of fish we caught.

The next day we both landed a couple of Kings, not on flys, and then proceeded to head up river for more fly fishing. Another great day!!

We spent a total of 6 days of great fishing!:thumb:

4. Jason Decker

Jason Decker Active Member

Home Page:
    :rolleyes: do i see some gear rods in those pics?
    nice fish

5. Rick Billings

Rick Billings New Member

Yea, we caught the Kings on spinners.

Rick

6. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

man why do they run 175hp motors? Seems like a waste to me, anyhow nice pics AK is pretty awesome