Allen Olympic Spey

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Mort, Oct 22, 2012.

1. troutpounder

troutpounder Active Member

I think you getting on the thread just to say that I dont know what I am talking about is less relevant than me saying something pertains to the rod. But if you wish to talk shit about my posts, just PM me. We would both look less like jack asses don't you think?

2. ten80

ten80 Active Member

Relax, I don't talk shit on forums and what I posted was very straight cut; I don't like to see people post vague rumors, hearsay, or misinformation about companies I like. It wasn't your rod and you didn't have any relevant info, but your friend cleared it up and is satisfied with the resolution. Simple.

Edit:
    I don't feel the need to PM you about your post, nothing more to say as you still believe that your first post was worthwhile. Go back, read your first post, and see if you can discern some sort of public service message of any value. I couldn't and am making the point that a vague warning of "...something to think about" and then your second statement that "... a broken rod right off the bat may be relevant to a person shopping for new rods" is not merited.

constructeur likes this.
  3. troutpounder

troutpounder Active Member

1) Rod did break so it was not a vague rumor, or misinformation
    2) I said very clearly the I doubt the rod breaking is a problem with all allen rods ("I am sure it is good and I have heard nothing but good things about Allen")
    3) you had no relevant information what so ever to the thread, and all you said was about my post.

Now like I said why dont you just PM me so we stop hi jacking this guys thread

4. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    I've broken about a half dozen of these. Most with the help of car doors and wading boots.

5. Ian Broadie

Ian Broadie Flyfishing is so "Metal"

Home Page:
    Come to think of it I couldn't even wait until they came out to break the prototype 6wt... stupid me vs. wind vs. car door.