After last Saturday's dismal fishing results, I'm considering making that extra hour drive both ways to fish a lake on the Oregon coast called Munsel. It is known for the larger than normal trout in the coastal lakes but there are fewer of the critters. I'm keen to try some of my experimental WBs, softhackles and leeches .... especially that light olive and black hackle WB that worked briefly for me last Saturday. Here's the rub... in addition to the extra miles to drive, there is a 60% chance of rain. Now, I've fished in the rain before and when I was younger, it didn't bother me. And sometimes it has no effect on the bite, sometimes it does. This is especially true with the coastal lakes because wind normally comes in along with the rain... which is normally cold. So... how much do I really want to suffer just to try new patterns? Longer drive. More gas money. Very good chance of cold rain and wind which could result in zippo trout. Think... think... I doubt if any of my current fishing buddies would be interested in rolling the dice so it will be a solo trip if I go... Think... think.. Maybe they've screwed up the forecast and it won't rain... but if it does... dang. This flyfishinig thing becomes more complicated as I grow older and cheaper.