An Afternoon of SRC Madness-Hood Canal

Richard E

Larry, those are some quality fish! Beauties. A buddy of mine and I hit the South Sound yesterday, fishing from my little boat, and we were able to only scrounge up a couple of cutts and a couple of wee coho. We had to leave before the tide got movoing well in the late afternoon . . .

dryflylarry

"Chasing Riseforms"
Tuesday Morning SRC Madness Update:

I decided to go get rid of the itch again, but went to a different beach again this morning. I hit the beach at about 9:30 as the tide was turning to come in. The beaches were off color this morning, but what the heck, I was there. Nothing was going on and I finally got a hook up with a very nice 16" male that jumped 5 times. It didn't give up for a good time. Quite a strong fish. I don't know how to tell a pre-spawn fish from a post spawner, but it was colored a bit and a strong fish. I got tired of the off color water and left after two hours but was satisfied for another day. The itch left! View attachment 28155

wannafish

In search of Blinky...
Hit up one south sound beach and one Hood Canal beach with nothing to show for the efforts... I'm thinking just not enough tide change in the mornings this week - it seemed awfully still out there. I found a couple nice access spots, but are there fish? TBD! HC still has some off-color water puking out of the creek/river mouths.

Bob Jones

Still truckless now farther away
'HEy Larry I'm impressed by the fish and the water, I'm sure you impressed Leland with that nice reel showing there too, I need to look you up one of these days.You guys from up there on the canal or near it do have some nice water and country. happy fishing, Bob